Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2001 6:39:57 PM EDT
I spent lunch with a female co-worker that I am so happy to have met acquaintance with. We went to the pistol range and shot over lunch.  She is a damn good shot for only 2 months experience with a pistol. We had a 50ft point’s shootout to flip the bill for lunch>:) My Springfield 1911-A1 against her only pistol; a Sig P239 9mm. (She tried my 1911 and by her second clip shot a 5” group @ 50’. First time with a 1911, or the .45 for that matter!) During our competition, another gentleman with a P226 joined in. It was a lot of fun and it gave more purpose to my normal stress relieving fast trigger pulls.

Has anyone ever proposed posting his or her targets from a set distance in an Internet shootout? I know this leaves a little to good old fashion honesty but, I feel that most people here have nothing to hide. I myself am no champion and have nothing to hide. I just enjoy shooting and have found that competition has always been motivational to gaining skill.

Does this idea float with anyone? If anyone has any remote interest, we can discuss the ground rules further.
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 6:51:42 PM EDT
[#1]
this will go over like a Led Zepplin
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top