Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2003 3:24:51 PM EDT
Just wondering what is a good price for a new preban Mini 14 with the factory folding stock. I know these aren't the best shooters but have many accessories for the Mini 14 and would like to try and pick one up(maybe I watched the A-Team a little too much).

And who makes the best 20 or 30 round Mini 14 mags besided the factory ones? Is it PMI? I heard that they actually made some mags for Ruger. Thanks to all.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 4:29:57 PM EDT
[#1]
before everyone starts trashing the mini14 i have had 5 they are good guns,you might not be able to drive tacks with them but there all rite. i have had real good luck with usa mags all but one worked 99% of the time other then that PMI and factory mags are the best. preban mini14 fsgb's(factory code for folding stock goverment barrel with bayo lug) go for about $900-1100 last time i looked.
and stay away from stainless the finish is shit and doesnt hold up well.
tattoo
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 2:46:42 PM EDT
[#2]
In the Mini 14 magazine aftermarket, PMIs are considered good. So are the Thermolds. According to some folks, PMI also labeled their products under the name of Federal Ordinance.    

There is a Mini 14 board at www.perfectunion.com  In addition to the general Mini 14 board, they have an entire board for Mini 14 mags.  Check them out.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 3:19:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought my Mini 14 after getting out of the service which was longer ago than I care to admit.  At the time, it was more acurate than the M16 I had in the service and would feed anything through any mag.  Excellent rifle.

I wasn't under the impression Mini's were impacted by the ban but at the show with folding stock, they were going for $385 used.

Mini is top.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 1:47:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, I sold my preban Mini 14 to my brother several years ago. It was a great rifle, the first I ever owned. Should've kept it, but atleast it's still in the family.

I still have 2 30 round USA mags in the wrapper, a Choate pistol grip stock, and a very cool Choate M14 look-a-like flash hider for the Mini 14.

I sold a spare Ruger factory folding stock I had alone for over $300 a year ago on ebay. Going to a gun show this weekend and hope I can find a nice(or new) complete Mini with factory folding stock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top