Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2001 6:01:19 PM EDT
How accurate is a DSA STG58A? What type of groups can it get at 100-500 meters?
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 6:26:02 PM EDT
[#1]
It's a battle rifle, expect to average around 2 MOA.  I can hit a 12"x12" steel plate at 400 meters prone.  They're battlefield accurate.
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 3:56:10 PM EDT
[#2]
What he said.  2, 2.5, maybe 3 max MOA.  Would lean toward the 2-side of that, though, as the Steyr barrels are very good barrels.
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 6:39:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I had a DSA for a while and 2 to 3 MOA is pretty normal.  The loose sight on the lower receiver is part of the problem and the basic design is the rest.  That's wasn't very important in a battle rifle in the early 1950s.

They don't use many Steyr barrels, if any.  The DSAs are the best of the Frankenfals.  They put a good finish on the used parts and use decent US parts.  They say they have a version that uses all new-condition surplus and US parts.  You should see how much that version costs.
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 2:54:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 6:20:26 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
3 month wait on type 2 rxvr StG58As.

RAF, glad DSA is consistent.  They told me two months on Friday.
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 6:23:32 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I had a DSA for a while and 2 to 3 MOA is pretty normal.  The loose sight on the lower receiver is part of the problem and the basic design is the rest.  That's wasn't very important in a battle rifle in the early 1950s.

They don't use many Steyr barrels, if any.  The DSAs are the best of the Frankenfals.  They put a good finish on the used parts and use decent US parts.  They say they have a version that uses all new-condition surplus and US parts.  You should see how much that version costs.

I believe all the STG-58A's use the Steyr barrel.
That package built on a DS Arms receiver is about $900.
In my opinion best value in the FAL area.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top