Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2001 4:18:29 PM EDT
What is the best method for hanging pistols on the inside of the door of safe to free up room?
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 4:34:16 PM EDT
[#1]
The WORST way to hang them is LOADED. I read a funny story on the Biggerhammer board a few months ago about how some guy slammed the door of his safe and his semi-auto pistol started doing cartwheels on the peg passing through it's trigger guard.

I guess he didn't think it was too funny when he opened the door afterwards to look at his gun collection.
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 3:05:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I mounted hardware store pegboard on the inside of the door and use the cheap metal hooks and put plastic aquariam tubing covering them to protect the guns. Works for me, but like Fuzzbean said, they aren't loaded.
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 3:44:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a peg board mounted on the inside of my safe's door. For Hooks, I got some wire coat hangers and a pair of wire cutters and pliers and made my own.
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 6:02:33 PM EDT
[#4]
If the inside of your safe is has carpet on it, you can use these.

they are available from Fort Knox for around $5.00 each.

CH
edited for pic, sorry it's kind of large
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 7:22:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 8:07:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey Ilovetoshoot,

Ooohhhhh, nice toys dude.  Is the MAC FA?

James
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 6:32:21 AM EDT
[#7]
I am kind of cheap...  My safe is carpet linned and I use Velcro strips through the belt loops of my carry holsters.  I also hang my extra AR-15 uppers to the walls/door of the safe in the same mannor.

I like the idea of the peg board but velcro is easier and works just fine!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top