Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2001 2:33:30 PM EDT
A Winchester 30-30 model 94?
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 2:39:03 PM EDT
[#1]
It depends on how far. I had a rifle shipped to me here in Indiana from California and it was about $28 for Priority Mail (2-3 days). I shipped a rifle to Ohio Priority Mail and it cost me $13.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 2:42:04 PM EDT
[#2]
16 bucks - 20 Depending on insurance.  Last time I shipped a rifle out was a couple years a go. Tell them it is for repair.  Noone would want to steal a broken gun.  One of the parties in the transaction must have an FFL for UPS.  I just took a plastic shell gun case and wrapped it in card board.  Use box tape cause they may not ship it if duck tape etc. is used.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 2:42:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, I'll get his address first.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 3:23:11 PM EDT
[#4]

It depends on how far. I had a rifle shipped to me here in Indiana from California and it was about $28 for Priority Mail (2-3 days). I shipped a rifle to Ohio Priority Mail and it cost me $13.

NEGATIVE. The Postal Service has one rate that is NOT based on distance. Rate is based on size of the package (length, width, and girth), weight of the package, type of service (priority, parcel post, next day, delivery confirmation, etc.), and amount of insurance coverage. I have done this only five or six dozen times, so I have a fair understanding at this point. Destination only matters to the USPS if you're shipping internationally. Their website has all of the details.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 3:29:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I shipped my SA-93 from VA to KS. I insured the package for replacement costs ($600), total cost came to about $17.

Robby
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 3:47:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

NEGATIVE. The Postal Service has one rate that is NOT based on distance. Rate is based on size of the package (length, width, and girth), weight of the package, type of service (priority, parcel post, next day, delivery confirmation, etc.), and amount of insurance coverage. I have done this only five or six dozen times, so I have a fair understanding at this point. Destination only matters to the USPS if you're shipping internationally. Their website has all of the details.

Jim, that is just flat wrong.  From the USPS website (and my experience)

Priority Mail Rates

Weight Rate
Up to 1 pound $3.50
Up to 2 pounds 3.95
Up to 3 pounds 5.20
Up to 4 pounds 6.45
Up to 5 pounds 7.70

For packages over 5 pounds, rates are based on the weight of the piece and the zone (distance from origin to destination ZIP Code).

Verify it yourself at:  www.usps.com
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 4:22:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Like I said, I've only sent things off five or six dozen times.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top