Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2001 9:09:27 AM EDT
Thanks FALARAK.  The trigger work is great!  My Bushmaster is now back in working order, smooth trigger, crisp release.

It still feels like a two-stage,   Slight takeup, hold it, slightly more pressure...Bang!

TheRedGoat

It bumps once again as well!
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 9:16:59 AM EDT
[#1]
What exactly is "stoning" a trigger? And can you describe it here or is there another reference online for it?

Link Posted: 12/17/2001 9:52:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Stoning is when you polish the contact areas of the hammer and trigger.  I was shown how to do it by FALARAK over the weekend.

There are some online references available.  My Bushmaster had been dropped, and somehow that caused the two surfaces to have a 'nick' between them.  This made the hammer drag, badly!

I don't have the link tothe online references handy.  Someone else will probably post them here.

After two attempts at polishing the surfaces, we removed the nick (very very small, but it made a difference)

Gotta be careful, take off too much, use too rough of stone, or round over the wrong edges and you will be purchasing a new hammer and trigger group.

TheRedGoat
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top