Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/16/2001 8:38:33 PM EDT
hey all, new to the forums here. but i've been browsing around gathering intelligence for some time now on this site.

having been a gunowner for some time (all pistols before this last weekend), i am not quite familiar with all the accessories for the ar15 rifles.

my new ar15 has the deflector for the spent cartridges, which after one session of firing has several nice dings in it. i was wondering if there is any accessory designed to protect this, to preserve the cosmetics of the upper receiver.

if not, does anyone have any suggestions as to best maintain the clean look on the deflectors?

thanks
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 8:42:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Some people stick a piece of velcro on the deflector.  I don't bother, I kind of like the look of brass on it.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 8:43:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Personally, I like the brass marks.  There should be no real "dings" other than impressed brass scuffs.  

Those that do not like them use simple black tape, easy to replenish, and I have also seen self adhesive non-skid pads (rubbery/foamy) used for small apllicances usually so as not to slide around on it's feet.  These can be cut, and will last a long time.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 8:46:31 PM EDT
[#3]
hey, thanks for the quick answers...

maybe i should go back to it and look closer, were you implying that that is actually brass from the cartridge, not a marr in the upper receiver's finish?
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 9:04:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep. You can just wipe the brass off.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 9:10:30 PM EDT
[#5]
NO!!! Let your rifle wear its brass with pride!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top