Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/16/2001 5:19:34 AM EDT
hey
Has anyone else heard any information like this????

"BIN LADEN hacko.gif"  
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 7:17:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Colt, like most gun makers goes bankrupt every so often.  Maybe not as often as Smith & Wesson, but it happens.  Someone always buys the assets and name and the show goes on.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 8:05:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Is it that time of year again?

Seems like there's something like this up at Colt pretty regularly.

Link Posted: 12/16/2001 4:05:53 PM EDT
[#3]
No, they are fine, some people live in a dream land, as long as the govt buys they are not going anywhere. I am waiting on my wwII commemorative model. $710
GG
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 4:09:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Few people realize Colt has declared bankruptcy and changed ownership several times in the last two decades.
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 7:07:10 PM EDT
[#5]
looks like bushmaster is stealing the show.

Link Posted: 12/17/2001 7:42:52 PM EDT
[#6]
didnt i hear this before.likemabout 2 years ago.maybe if they didnt just depend on leo and govt contracts they might be better off.
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 9:14:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Colt, like most gun makers goes bankrupt every so often.  Maybe not as often as Smith & Wesson, but it happens.  Someone always buys the assets and name and the show goes on.

I think you've got that backwards.

Colt has been in & out of bankruptcy more than a few times over the last thirty years.

I think S&W on the other hand was a consistently profitable enterprise until they suffered the backlash from the Klinton/HUD deal.
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 11:17:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Damn cool gif cnatra me likes.

Link Posted: 12/18/2001 6:37:32 AM EDT
[#9]

Originally Posted By Gun Guru:
No, they are fine, some people live in a dream land, as long as the govt buys they are not going anywhere. I am waiting on my wwII commemorative model. $710
GG

Guru,

I hope your commemorative model comes out alright. I have seen multiple frankenguns come from Colt in the last year. What sgier posted is right on.

I personally would not buy anything made by them in the last two or three years. Oh, yeah, I do own several Colts (older).

For 1911s its Kimber.

For ARs its Armalite or Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 7:17:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Deja Vu all over again.
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 7:49:07 AM EDT
[#11]

Now, what was the topic again.... Oh yea, they look real to me!
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 11:28:55 AM EDT
[#12]
With all their commercial troubles, Colt's got a court decision giving them exclusive rights to the M4's "Technical Data Package".  This basically gives them the exclusive right to supply the M4 to our armed forces.  Many think this was the US Govt's way of "handing" them them future contracts over FN.  If so, they should be able to pay the light bill.  We'll see.
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 12:53:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Colt prevailed in the original suit and won the appeal, too.  They had the government over a barrel on a breach of contract issue concerning the the original M16 contract and the M4 Technical Data Package.  Colt owned the M4, period.  The government was looking at significant sanctions over the breach of contract issue and payments to Colt on each M4 made by FNMI.  They settled for the exclusive contract with Colt.
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 3:08:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Our poor boys at the front having to suffer with Colt M-4's. I sure hope the Feds test the hell out of them before accepting them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top