Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2001 9:59:15 PM EDT
in Wisconsin if you don't jump down these peoples' throats fast.
ak-47.gunsnet.net/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29670

LRB–3426/2
RLR:jld:jf
2001 – 2002 LEGISLATURE
2001 ASSEMBLY BILL 567
October 15, 2001 – Introduced by Representatives STASKUNAS, LADWIG, JESKEWITZ,
BIES, RYBA, COLON, LA FAVE, BOYLE, KREUSER, STONE and OTT, cosponsored by
Senators BURKE, ROESSLER, ROSENZWEIG and HUELSMAN. Referred to
Committee on Criminal Justice.
AN ACT to amend 938.78 (3) and 946.82 (4); and to create 941.2985 of the
statutes; relating to: firearm flash suppressors and providing a penalty.
Analysis by the Legislative Reference Bureau
Current law places various limitations on the possession of weapons and
weapon accessories, including a prohibition against possessing, selling, or delivering
a firearm silencer, which is a device that muffles the sound produced when a firearm
is fired.
This bill prohibits sale, delivery, or possession of a firearm flash suppressor
except by certain peace officers or persons serving in the armed forces or national
guard. The bill defines a “firearm flash suppressor” as a device or weapon component
that prevents or suppresses a flash that would otherwise result from firing a weapon
that expels a projectile by action of an explosive. The bill also provides that, if a
juvenile is found delinquent or found to be in need of protective services as a result
of violating the prohibition against possessing a firearm flash suppressor and that
juvenile escapes from custody, the county responsible for the juvenile may release his
or her name to the public. Lastly, the bill includes in the definition of “racketeering
activity” violation of the prohibition against possessing a firearm flash suppressor.
For further information see the state and local fiscal estimate, which will be
printed as an appendix to this bill.
The people of the state of Wisconsin, represented in senate and assembly, do
enact as follows:

Link Posted: 12/15/2001 10:10:53 PM EDT
[#1]
In WWII the Japs used a 6.5 rifle with a 31" barrel that was famous for its lack of flash because the charge had completely burned in the 31". I have been thinking a lot about this topic for a while now, and I'm going to work on a load for the .223 in a 20" barrel. I expect velocity at 2700 fps to 2900 fps using (hopefully) H380. Other possibles include Varget and W748. Any contributors? I am not gov.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 1:40:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I hope this is done in the name of fighting terrorism.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 1:46:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Do these fuckwits think that a flash supressor will make a shooter invisible?
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 2:27:55 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/16/2001 8:32:44 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The bill defines a “firearm flash suppressor” as a device or weapon component
that prevents or suppresses a flash that would otherwise result from firing a weapon
that expels a projectile by action of an explosive

This would be easily defeated if one were ever prosecuted.  Gun powder does not "explode" to propel the bullet.  It deflagrates.  Though the intent of the law is clear, the semantics are incorrect.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 8:54:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Never said that legislators were very bright.  They want to appear like they are doing something useful. But overall its the WI people's fault for this mess, for failing to participate in the political process, i.e. voting and being aware of the issues, waiting for the NRA to do something etc.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 9:15:00 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

In short, yes.

As a former anti, I can tell you first hand that the vast majority of anti's know nothing, I repeat, NOTHING about any technical aspect of any type of firearm. Nada.

To them, "flash suppressor" invokes the fiction of a magical device, that when attached to an evil assault rifle, will render the shooter invisible, completely silent, and beyond all notice of anyone.

And these devices then enable the shooter to finally act on the ever-present, nagging urge to start a child/minority/homeless person/co-worker shooting spree - an action that deep down, all gun owners secretly aspire to.

All, of course, to compensate for severe psychological defects - which is why they own guns in the first place.

</sarcasm >

Link Posted: 12/16/2001 9:29:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Geesh......maybe I should have threaded barrels wit flash hiders on all my weapons.............just to Piss off the Antis......and put that bayonet on my preban AR's
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 9:35:32 AM EDT
[#9]
You guys present an interesting point about "magical devices" and making the shooter appear "invisible".  Do you suppose they will outlaw the balaclava (military ski mask) next?  What about ninja clothing?  Will the idiocy ever end?
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 9:36:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Ban Nomex........ the terrorist fabric of choice.........yeah thats it.....
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 9:39:55 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In short, yes.

As a former anti, I can tell you first hand that the vast majority of anti's know nothing, I repeat, NOTHING about any technical aspect of any type of firearm. Nada.

To them, "flash suppressor" invokes the fiction of a magical device, that when attached to an evil assault rifle, will render the shooter invisible, completely silent, and beyond all notice of anyone.

And these devices then enable the shooter to finally act on the ever-present, nagging urge to start a child/minority/homeless person/co-worker shooting spree - an action that deep down, all gun owners secretly aspire to.

All, of course, to compensate for severe psychological defects - which is why they own guns in the first place.

my sentiments exactly. somone in here once said that the anti gun groups hated rosie odonnell (sp? who cares) because she made them look like a bunch of uninformed uneducated dumbfucks. I remember thinking.............GEE i thought they already WERE a bunch of uninformed uneducated dumbfucks. I can't wait to buy a preban!

edited to say i fixed your sarcasm.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 9:44:03 AM EDT
[#12]
anyone know of an anti gun board on the net where you can go to inform the anti's of the actual workings of things without being thrown out for acts of heresy?
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 11:21:34 AM EDT
[#13]
The bill also provides that, if a
juvenile is found delinquent or found to be in need of protective services as a result
of violating the prohibition against possessing a firearm flash suppressor and that
juvenile escapes from custody, the county responsible for the juvenile may release his
or her name to the public

Lemme see....But if a juvenile is found delinquent or found to be in need of protective services as a result
of violating the prohibition against murder, rape, burglary, or assault, and that
juvenile escapes from custody, the county responsible for the juvenile may not release his or her name to the public.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 1:53:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Maybe someone should line up all the legislators who introduced this bill against a wall. Take a pre-ban and post-ban AR-15 and ask them which one that want to be shot with. LOL!
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 1:59:02 PM EDT
[#15]
"I don't have any problem of a man posessing an AR 15 as his rifle of choice.  As far as the assault weapons ban, have you ever heard of a drive by bayoneting?  It's ludricrous."

Gov. Jesse Ventura.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top