Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2001 10:25:48 PM EDT
I've been lookin for a specific forearm for either the 16" or 20" AR. Hopefully someone can give me some info.

The forearm is aluminum with four Picatinny-style rails (mounts) located top, bottom, and both sides (0, 90, 270, 360degrees).

There is an example of what I'm looking for on page 49 of American Rifleman, May 2001. It is shown on what looks to be a 20" Les Baer A3 config. I'm wondering if anyone has seen this available for a 16" or if one exsists that would still allow the front site.

I have not been able this in any of the mil mags I have. I have not made a inquirey to Les Baer on the forearm. If I did, I'm guessing they would want more $ than I'm willing to pay for it.

thx in advance

Link Posted: 12/14/2001 10:50:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Isn't that a Knights RAS or RIS? They are pretty expensive.
Are you talking about this? If so it's $299 at www.jtdistributing.com
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 6:15:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 9:39:22 AM EDT
[#3]
THX!

Much appreciated.

$199 for 16" and 20" "free-floaters" at the fulton-armory site.
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 10:02:34 AM EDT
[#4]
check out  www.olyarms.com/usa.html

they have an aluminum rail handguard too

not much $$

I think  Fulton's look really nice, I bet Badger Ordnance makes those though
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 10:20:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Now those Oly's are in my price range ($99-$124)

Thx cnatra.

Link Posted: 12/15/2001 12:33:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Now those Oly's are in my price range ($99-$124)

Thx cnatra.

Ditto!!
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 8:38:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I've been lookin for a specific forearm for either the 16" or 20" AR. Hopefully someone can give me some info.

The forearm is aluminum with four Picatinny-style rails (mounts) located top, bottom, and both sides (0, 90, 270, 360degrees).

There is an example of what I'm looking for on page 49 of American Rifleman, May 2001. It is shown on what looks to be a 20" Les Baer A3 config. I'm wondering if anyone has seen this available for a 16" or if one exsists that would still allow the front site.

I have not been able this in any of the mil mags I have. I have not made a inquirey to Les Baer on the forearm. If I did, I'm guessing they would want more $ than I'm willing to pay for it.

thx in advance

0 degrees  and 360 degrees are the same point, you left out 180 degrees.
GG
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 9:53:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
check out  www.olyarms.com/usa.html

they have an aluminum rail handguard too

not much $$

I think  Fulton's look really nice, I bet Badger Ordnance makes those though

Old blue eyes, I find your signature pic to be MOST INTRIGUING.  I've been staring at it for some time now.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 11:30:36 AM EDT
[#9]

Originally Posted By Gun Guru:
0 degrees  and 360 degrees are the same point, you left out 180 degrees.
GG

Yea, I noticed my mistake after it received a few replies. Since I got my point across, I opted to not to edit the post.

Anyone familiar with the Bushy B.M.A.S. triple mount? A block of three rails that mounts around the front site.
I wonder if the rails of this mount line up (are the same height) as any of the listed forearms? Just curious, I don't have plans to use both the triple mount and the forearm on the same rifle.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top