Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2001 11:06:51 AM EDT
  Gunshow is tommorow, and I've made up my mind to sell my Norinco 1911. I bought it years ago, and honestly don't remember what I paid for it. It is basically stock, in excellent condition. The only deviations from stock are Ed Brown beavertail + skeletonized hammer and McCormick carbon fiber trigger. It's got a nice crisp trigger pull.

It has seen little use over the years, only having digested 200 rounds or less. But it has never given me a problem with any type of ammo, and is more accurate than my stock Series 70. Unfortunately I bought it in a different time for a different purpose and no longer need it. Anyone care to hazard a guess as to its approximate value? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 11:15:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 10:51:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Damn, why did you have to tell him that? I was going to offer him $150.[>Q]
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 11:12:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I have bought two of them in the past two years.  I paid $180 for one and $220 for the other one.  I see them on tables for as much as $450, but then again no one was buying at that price.

You should keep it.  Remember the first rule:  Never sell a gun.  This is especially true when it is a good gun, and it isn't worth that much so keeping it doesn't cost you much.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 5:57:51 PM EDT
[#4]
  As a rule, I don't like selling guns either...but when you have a SA "Loaded" and Colt Series 70 sitting next to it, the wheels start to turn. In all honesty, the Norinco shot better than the Colt and about the same as the SA, but I find myself taking it out less and less. So I decided to trade it or sell it.

Unfortunately I didn't get many offers at the show, but as I was walking out the door, I stopped to look at a Mossberg NIB 590A1. After some haggling, I traded straight accross for it. I was happy with the trade.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top