Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2001 6:33:58 PM EDT
First it is a VZ 24/47 Mauser. It was to come with bayonet, it didn't. Only 5 day inspection and then you are screwed, like I am right now!

To get the bolt to open you have to smack it really hard then it will open and then you can chamber a round. But then you can not put the safety on, the firing pin assembly does not go back enough to rotate the safety lever. Then when you fire it the firing pin runs all the way forward and gets jammed! Then it starts all over again.I took the firing pin out and it seems to be hitting inside the bolt in the front. It does have German eagle stamp on it. Is this a correct firing pin or am I looking at something else? My bolt in my M48 cycles fine in the 24/47. What is the deal? I really need some help on this. I will try to get some photos of this and post them up. All help is truly appreciated!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 7:44:40 PM EDT
[#1]
If you didn't like it, why DIDN'T you send it back?  I got a M39 from them yesterday and I am very pleased with it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 1:57:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Like I said 5 day inspection. I was gone on work related items. When I got BACK from work, which was after the five days, I was able to inspect it. I am pleased with my M44 I recived. And I did call them. They said it was impossible to not have the bayonet or any other problems. They were very rude and I will never deal with them again.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 1:12:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, I think they have put a long action Mauser firing pin and other firing pin components in a normal action body. I took the firing pin and spring and firing pin holder out of my Turkish mauser and they are the same length. So, now where can I get the parts I need? Wholesale could give a shit less.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 6:26:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Someone out here has to know if I am on the right track. Let me know, I don't want to spend money on something I don't need.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 6:33:49 PM EDT
[#5]
bobeaser,
Check out this site.  It is a site dedicated to C&R firearms.  There are several people there that could help you out with your problem.

http://www.milsurpshooter.net/
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 9:41:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Wholesale Guns (formerly known as Burns Bros.) sucks complete and total ass.  Misrepresented products, horrible service.  Stay away!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 6:39:28 AM EDT
[#7]
I had a 20 second phone conversation with them about .32ACP Cavim ammo they had listed in SN for $109.00/1K. Let me just say that I will never call them or do any business with them ever again.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 6:50:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Is this the outfit in Islandia NY?
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 6:56:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Islip NY, which is in Long Island, NY.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 7:09:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Wholesale Guns
&  Ammo, Inc.
232 Blydenburgh, Rd.
Islandia, NY 11749
Tel: (631) 234-7676
Fax: (631) 234-7408
Hours: M-F: 10am to 6pm
Saturday - 10am to 5pm
Closed Sunday

This company?????????????
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 7:13:46 AM EDT
[#11]
They sold me some exploding Israeli .308 ammo, then tried to intimidate me into agreeing that it was the headspace on my NM Springfield M1A that was bad, not their ammo.  After I explained why it was impossible for it to be my rifle's fault, they grudgingly agreed to refund my money on the ammo I hadn't shot yet, plus half the return shipping.  No way were they gonna pay for my ruined glasses or blown-up M1A magazine.  They can kiss my ass.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 7:23:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Uh-oh, I was just going to order a CETME from them. Me is re-thinking.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 8:25:44 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I had a 20 second phone conversation with them about .32ACP Cavim ammo they had listed in SN for $109.00/1K.

That stuff keyholed @ 7 yrds out of my pistol. Pulled a bullet and I could push it down the barrel with a cleaning rod, would not engage the rifling at all.
Try the FN surplus .32 it works great. Ammunitionstore.com might have it.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 8:54:10 AM EDT
[#14]
I have had mixed results. I have ordered several M39 M-N's that have been exactly as advertised. However, Ammo orders have always been a few dollars more S&H than quoted/reasonable. Rude as Hell! Maybe it is a New York City thing but these people were rude even when I thanked them for the absolutely MINT Sako M39 I received!
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 11:15:49 AM EDT
[#15]
I would stay away from "Wholesale Guns".  I sold a rifle to waverunner (I think thats his handle), he was using them as his transfer FFL.  I ship the rifle there but they would not transfer it to him because I did not send my FFL copy.  Even though this is not required, I had to go to a dealer of mine and get a copy of his FFL and mail it to them before they would transfer the weapon.  I told them it was not the law and and no where in the ATF regs require the sender/seller to send to send an FFL.  The finally admitted it was their "store policy".

In short, they seem like real pain in the A$#es to do business with and I will never send another gun to them for Xfer.

just my experience with them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top