Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2001 3:28:22 PM EDT
are they any good?  i want people who have personal experience, not heresay.  its a du-tone commander size 1911.  looks nice.  has a cast stainless frame.  is cast bad?

thanks
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 4:17:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Myself, Waverunner, and Delmarksman are the members here at AR15.com that have a DW Pointman.  Waverunner bought the actual Duce tested in the current issue of Combat Handguns, Delmarksman has a Pointman minor, and my g/f and I have Pointman majors.  This is relevent because a duce is essentially a major, just commander sized.  

As far as I know eveyone mentioned is happy with thier DW, but I'll let the others speak for themselves.  

It seems to me that cast has traditionally suffered from a lesser reputation then forged however the rumour is that DW had special standards set before they would accept frames from the supplier.  Further, many think that casting has gotten better over the years.  

Every magazine write up has been very positive on DW guns.  I personally think that you will see the Pointman come into its own over the next year, only time will tell.

If you have any questions though, just call DW and you will talk to a real person who is happy to speak to you.  607-336-1174 or e-mail them and you will get a response fast.

danwessonfirearms.com

These guys stand behind their product 100% so you can buy with no fear.

My girlfriend's (two-tone) and my Pointman majors.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top