Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/11/2001 6:20:21 PM EDT
to someone i was talking to today,  when i go to the range, i shoot.  they asked me about the 3 dot sites and how do you line them up with the target. is the front dot on the target (where you want to hit) or under it like a rifles sites.  i honestly couldnt anwser, i line them up and squeeze the trigger. it really never occured to me.

anyone know what you are supposed to do?
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 6:24:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Draw the sight picture on paper.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 6:31:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Just aim center mass, and it should all be good.

Link Posted: 12/11/2001 6:40:06 PM EDT
[#3]
You use sights?  
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 6:48:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 10:09:08 AM EDT
[#5]
What Troy said.

Also, that's why its important to practice with the firearm in question. I've fired different handguns that had to have their sights held differently because of the placement of the dots. Some had to be held higher than others and some lower.
With a fixed sight gun its not really possibly to adjust the dots the way You can regular sights without the dots. Without the dots You can take a file to the front and rear sights to adjust them.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 10:37:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 10:39:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Generally when trying for accuracy, I ignore the dots and try to use the outline of the sights.  I also line up the sight picture just under the bullseye, with a little "white" showing.  That way I have a repeatable reference point each time I line up my sights. If you just stick the sight picture in the black somewhere, how can you be sure you're aiming at the same spot?  Of course if you can see the "X" well enough, line up your sights just below it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top