Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/11/2001 3:39:46 PM EDT
I need to ship some .454 Casull to my brother upstate. Who should I use?
TIA
coyote3
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 5:22:35 PM EDT
[#1]
UPS seems to work just fine.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 5:56:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 11:48:36 AM EDT
[#3]
   UPS is probably the best method, but before you do any packaging I suggest checking out their www site on shipping hazardous materials.  

www.ups.com/using/services/accs/hzm-guide.html

As the shipper, it's your responsibilty to be in compliance with the regs, and IMO the best way is to follow the UPS procedures.  At the bottom of the first page is a number for their Hazardous Materials Support Center, 1-800-554-9964.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 5:49:02 PM EDT
[#4]
No-go on the shipping. Just found out today, both FEDEX and UPS now require you to have a Hazardous Material account with them before they will accept items considered hazardous from an individual. Joy.
coyote3
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 4:31:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Troy,

ORM-D can go by air as well as ground.  The ORM-D stands for Other Regulated Material-D.  The D doesn't mean anything in particular.  There also used to be ORM-A,B,C and E.  They were dropped when the US went to the International Shipping Standards.  ORM-D is only used within the US and is mostly used for consumer commodities.  That is how they get us all the hazardous materials we use at the consumer level.  A lot of the marking, labeling and shipping paper requirements in the regulations are not required.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 5:36:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Ammunition is not hazardous.  Same marking (ORM-D) as hairspray.  

I send and receive it several times a month.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top