Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2001 12:47:53 PM EDT
I have an opportunity to buy a very nice PWA lower with preban Colt carbine-style upper, telestock, with virtually no blemishes or wear that I can see on it for $1,300. Is this a reasonable price to pay?

I'm not familiar with PWA, however, the lower appears to be forged and has a finish not much different than my postban Bushmaster.

The rifle's owner has had the rifle assembled with the preban upper prior to '94, but only recently had added the telestock.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 1:02:12 PM EDT
[#1]
in AZ that would be an acceptable price. i know alot of guys dont like missmatched upper/lowers but then again somne dont mind , as long as they match color.

i just saw one at the phoenix show for 1400 and theres one intucson for 1400 with an extra upper.

scott
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 1:11:02 PM EDT
[#2]
raptorman:

Do you know anything about PWA in terms of quality? I can only afford one preban like this and I've seen other prebans go for +$2,000. Is there THAT much difference to reflect a $700-$1000 price increase for a preban Colt, for example?
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 1:16:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I sold a few PWA prebans for 150$, of course this was prior to the ban ;o} If you are patient you could get one of the big three for 1400.

I often wonder if Prebans are worth the money when a person can get a full auto Mac for 1200. And for a lousy 1k more than some prebbies you can get an Uzi.

Good luck in your purchase.

Ropes
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 1:20:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 1:28:19 PM EDT
[#5]
i like the PWA's just fine. the quaility is top notch. they functioning always seems to come from the upper your using.

i've had Olys and PWA's only but have freinds with colts and other than prestige, they are the same.

PWA receivers have a nicer finish than the pre ban Oly's , i think.

good luck , scott
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 1:53:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I've got a pre-ban PWA that I've owned since the late `80's. It is definately top quality. I've sold several Colt's in the time I've had my PWA, if that tells you anything.  Want to be sick?  I paid $350 for mine new.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 2:17:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a preban Essential Arms lower with a Colt SP1 upper for sale for $1100.00 in excellent condition.

www.auctionarms.com/search/displayitem.cfm?ItemNum=2112524

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 2:34:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 2:57:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes they are nice.
It is rumored that Ruger investment casted the lowers for Essential Arms.
I almost hate to sell it but "tis the season"

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top