Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/11/2001 8:21:49 AM EDT

What parts do I have to replace on it to put it into top form. I am gonna put a new pistol grip on it as well as a new gas piston. I had read that the muzzle break needs to be replaced to lessen the recoil. Do I still need to do this? Also I heard the trigger group is Hesse. Is that true? If so I will replace them with the DSA internals.

Is the same muzzle break on the gun? I heard that IAI had fixed it with a new one. Any truth to this?

For the muzzlebreak do I just hit it with a mapp tourch and then put a new one on?

Link Posted: 12/11/2001 8:45:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes on the newer m444 the MB is better, new ones have 12 holes.
The trigger is heavy with creep. There are better HTS out there, but why not just get the trigger worked on.
Weapon meets specs on foreign/US parts.
Nice things to add, maybe a chrome gas tube and piston.
If you want drop in HTS try DSA.
Have fun, shoot it first before you change anything.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 12:53:20 PM EDT
[#2]
HTS is that the trigger group?
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 3:35:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I picked up an M-444 a few months ago.  Overall I am very happy with it and have shot 1.5" groups at 100 yds with it.  

IAI has the following required 7 US-made parts on the M-444 from the factory:
Hammer, Trigger, Sear (HTS - counts as 3 parts)
Pistol Grip
Floorplate
Follower
Muzzlebreak

If you want to use other magazines, you have to swap out 2 of the foreign parts with American equivalents.  I replaced the stock with a US-made Penguin and the gas piston with a US-made.  Both were purchased from TAPCO.  The stock matches perfectly.  The piston so far seems ok.  You could also swap out the handguards or charging handle.  

I would leave the muzzlebreak alone.  The one on there is a zero-climb and the recoil on it is not that bad.  Besides, you should adjust the gas system anyway to lessen recoil (yet still cycle the action).  

Also, your pistol grip is already American so leave that alone unless you want a different style.  I like the one it came with since the cleaning kit comes in it.  

I love this gun.  I hope you enjoy yours too.  Check out the FAL-files at www.fnfal.com for more info.

Regards,
SOL
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 3:46:24 PM EDT
[#4]
If you don't mind me asking, where did you order it from and how much did it cost?
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 4:26:33 PM EDT
[#5]
They are on sale at dans.
www.falparts.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top