Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/10/2001 9:18:38 AM EDT
He fellas, local gun shop has a G3 for sale that Ive been lookin at,......BUT,...it says "Imported by C.A.I." on the mag well, it also says its made in Portugal.
Does this mean it is a Century "hack job"?
It LOOKS nice, but the Century name threw up a flag.
BTW,..It is not one of those G3s with the big bulky thick reciever that you see, it appears to have a stamped metal reciever (looks just like a "real" G3)
The rifle looks new, and they are asing 1200.00 for it.........YES, or NO?
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 11:22:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I would pass.  For only $600 more you could have the real thing.  I don't think that rifle is worth much more than $800 at any rate.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 11:24:20 AM EDT
[#2]
NO.  If you are going to shell out that kind of coin for a post-ban rifle, spend an extra few hundred and get a real HK preban.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 11:28:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Thats WAY high.  Its a FMP receiver with Portugese parts assembled by Century.  The FMP's are good receivers, but I question anything put together by Century.  Those run about $600-700 dealer price so $1200 is quite a bit on the high side.  You can get a FMP receiver with the cocking tube on for about $350, add another $300 for a decent parts kit and another $200 for barrel installation and headspacing, and you're still well under their $1200 price.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 11:54:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys, the "C.A.I" markings did make me suspicious (even though the rifle DOES look good).....And I DID expect the price to be inflated (considering the particular gun dealer who has it) my suspicions have been adequately confirmed, and I will certainly PASS on this rifle.

SHAGGY....Where can I find links to the parts/reciever you mentioned?
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 12:25:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I had one of these and just got it stolen. I thought it was a pretty good rifle. CAI sells them dealer for $595.00. For that price, it includes the rifle, 3 20rnd mags and a mag pouch. If you have $1200 to spend, look for a pre ban Springfield SAR3 or SAR8. they are built on the Portugeese reciever at the FMP factory (a HK licensed manufacturer) in Portugal and are every bit as good as an original HK 91.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 2:24:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Listen to them.  Don't buy it for that price.  I bought the same rifle, it is an excellent rifle manufactured in Portugal under licsense from H&K.  However, I payed a good 500 less including shipping and taxes, and I also recieved 3 20 rd mags with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top