Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2001 3:38:44 AM EDT
I am looking a purchasing a pre-ban Eagle Arms lower to go with a new bushmaster(?) upper I got in a package deal. The upper has a black finish and I cannot tell if it will match the lower.  
If it does not match I could have it refinished. Would this affect the value? Other ideas?
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 8:37:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Just buy a Bushmaster lower? Why Eagle Arms? This would solve your problem and you could say it's all Bushmaster.(Better price?)
My 2 cents.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 12:29:11 PM EDT
[#2]
There was a Eagle lower available and patience is not one of my better qualities. It's a moot point now. I missed the lower. I am not positive this is a bushmaster upper. Is there a way to identify it?
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 1:45:58 PM EDT
[#3]
When you mix and match, the 2 tone issue is a think you'll have to live with unless you get the complete rifle refinished. Even complete rifles from the same mfgr shows some color differential.

It is amazing that the color black has so many different hue's. An older FN upper I destroyed while trying to remove the barrel had a blue tint. My older Bushmaster lower is tinted pink and newer Bushmasters are charcoal black.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 3:52:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 6:21:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I am not positive this is a bushmaster upper. Is there a way to identify it?

It appears to be a pre-ban V-Match upper.  It should say B MP 5.56 NATO 1/9 HBAR on the barrel (stamped in between the flutes) in front of the gas block.

-Troy

Troy, you nailed it. Marked as listed. Now all I have to do is locate a pre ban bushmaster lower. I've got a call into a buddy in the police supply business for a quote on a ACOG TA01 NSN.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top