Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/9/2001 7:32:11 PM EDT
I think I just scored on a Colt I just bought. It's a slab side lower marked AR-15 A2
                             cal. 223
                             SPORTER II
                             ser. SP303xxx
Its in excellent condition from the original owner and he claims only a couple hundred rounds through it.It came with 2 Colt 20 round mags and 3 30 rounders and a black padded nylon case, unfortunately no box, owners manual and some odds and ends. I paid $1000.

Its got an A-1 upper on it. No Forward assist or shell deflector,A-1 sights, bayo lug and birdcage flash hider. Its also got a an A-1 buttstock on it. 20" non-HBAR, I think. It supposedly came from the factory this way. Any clues as to what model it is? Thanks      
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 7:40:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm confused.... you say it's marked AR15A2, but then it has no A2 specs or features on it whatsoever??

No_Expert
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 8:34:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine is the exact same way.  Apparantly, Colt used what was left in their inventory.  My rifle was new in the box, says Sporter 2, and A2 on the receiver.  But, the upper is just like yours.  Don't worry about it, and go blast away.

Link to discussion about mine:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=70283
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 9:23:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Brou, I wasn't really worried, just a little confused by the strange configuration.

It is exactly  like yours. In fact they may be brothers, the serial number on mine is SP303xxx like yours.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top