Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2001 2:36:55 PM EDT
I'm thinking of getting a 14.5" barrel with a Smith brake (threaded & pinned/welded/etc.) for a postban rifle.  Is this brake long enough to bring the barrel out to 16" and are there any other considerations in this being legal for a postban?  If the Smith isn't long enough for this what length would I need to have a barrel chopped and threaded to make a total of 16"?

Sorry for bothering you guys but I couldn't find the answer at Smith Enterprise's site or here.

Thanks,
Frisco
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 8:37:24 AM EDT
[#1]
My suggestion is to call Bushmaster @ 1-800-998-SWAT.  They no longer carry the Smith comp, but one of their reps should know the answer.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 9:27:29 AM EDT
[#2]
bushmaster is selling the phantom flash hider when added makes it 16.1 inches
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 10:25:57 AM EDT
[#3]
The Smith brake is not long enough.  Kurt Wala of Kurt's Kustom does make a smith-like brake that is long enough though.  Alternatively he can cut down a 16" barrel and install the Smith brake to make an overall length of 16".
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 10:38:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, Forest.  That's exactly what I wanted to know.

Frisco
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top