Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2001 12:52:06 PM EDT
I justy recently got a 16" barrel with A2 sights and have a few questions.  I always had a flattop before so I am very new with the A2 sights...please bear with me.

1. Is the lower/elevation knob supposted to move as two seperate units? Meaning it looks like this: lXl. Were the X represent were the 8/3 marking is.  Should this move as one solid unit or does the top and bottom move seperately?  Mine moves seperately, is mine broken?

2. The bottom/elevation knob has clicks and is marked 8/3. What does the 8/3 mean?

3. Do I sight the rifle in at 25 meters with the rear sight at 8/3 and adjust for elevation using the front post?

4. If #2 is correct how do I then use the clicks for other distances?  Meaning, does each "click" represent a marked distance/measurement for bullet drop compensation?

Thank you for your help.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 1:47:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 4:43:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Troy,

As usual you are a fountain of usful knowledge.  Thank you so much for your help today!!

Sgtar15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top