Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2001 2:03:23 AM EDT
http://www.theshootingedge.com/tse/optics/image/elcan.jpg
Reconditioned, with new base, new rubber armour. Some small scratches on the lenses, but a real deal at only $550 Canadian, or 350$ US!

Check it out at www.theshootingedge.com/tse/optics/index.htm
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 6:54:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Do these have tritium inserts like the ACOG?
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 7:06:27 AM EDT
[#2]
What type of base does it fit on? Will it fit on an FN with a weaver type base? Thanks
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 9:29:35 AM EDT
[#3]
The ELCAN® Optical Sight is a rugged, lightweight instrument which comprises an optical telescope and mount assembly. Developed in close cooperation with the Canadian Armed Forces, the ELCAN® 3.4 power Optical Sight exhibits superior performance for daylight target acquisition, identification and hit accuracy. This performance has been extended by the use of an extra large exit pupil of 8.5mm diameter, which provides optimum performance during low-light dawn and dusk conditions. Even on the darkest nights, flares or the moon will provide enough illumination to maintain the effectiveness of the ELCAN®.

The ELCAN® Optical Sight is in service with the Canadian Forces, US Army, Dutch, Danish and Australian Armies. Its performance and durability have been fully proven through extensive field trials and environmental tests to full military specifications.

ELCAN® Optical Sight Features:

Performance field proven by the Canadian Forces

Fully shock protected optics

Fits "Picatinney Rail" (standard weaver with cross-slots)

Excellent optical performance

Fits weaver bases.

Tritium illuminated reticle or LED battery powered

A mount incorporating all ballistic corrections

Rugged - designed for military use

The ELCAN® Optical Sight has proven its effectiveness on machine guns as well as rifles, permitting tracer rounds and fall of shot to be clearly seen at extended ranges. As an integrated component of the next generation of advanced combat rifles the sight exemplifies the commitment to ongoing product development and optical excellence at ELCAN Optical Technologies.

The ELCAN Optical Sight has been developed by ELCAN Optical Technologies to be the primary sighting systems for a variety of small arms.

The optical sight significantly improves hit probability, particularly at longer ranges and in poor visibility. It also shortens target engagement times. Verified in trials by both US and Canadian armies.

The ELCAN is designed for use in all adverse weather conditions.

Link Posted: 12/9/2001 9:41:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Any way of knowing the age of the tritium insert? Can it be replaced?
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 4:55:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Canada,

How much to ship into the US?

Any kind of a "hand select" the units?

Thanks!!

AFARR

PS--I don't see a US price listed on the website.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 4:57:14 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Any way of knowing the age of the tritium insert? Can it be replaced?

I'm wondering this also.  Canada, do you work for The Shooters Edge?  I'm interested, but need to know more about the reconditioned units.

Link Posted: 12/9/2001 5:46:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I dont work there so I have no idea about shipping or quality. Its up to you guys to email them and ask, I am only relaying the deal.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 12:04:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
http://www.theshootingedge.com/tse/optics/image/elcan.jpg
Reconditioned, with new base, new rubber armour. Some small scratches on the lenses, but a real deal at only $550 Canadian, or 350$ US!

Check it out at www.theshootingedge.com/tse/optics/index.htm

Canada,
If you still have this scope, i take it. Please email me at : [email protected]
Thanks,
Viet
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 12:42:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I dont work there so I have no idea about shipping or quality. Its up to you guys to email them and ask, I am only relaying the deal.

Link Posted: 12/13/2001 10:41:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Usually the Elcans that are sold as reconditioned units or surplus don't have the tritium in them (read removed).  So, if you're not sure, you might want to check with the seller prior to ordering...

hsld.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top