Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2001 10:36:39 AM EDT
i know hte product is good. how long will it take them to get it to me when i order? how can i egt in touch with them?
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 11:39:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Matt, He makes just about ALL of the conversion units out there, but if you buy direct from him you will be paying retail since he doesn't want to piss off people who sell his stuff. Look around and you will find what you want at a discounted price. Just compare them physically and if it looks like a Ciener chances are it is.
If you simply MUST deal with the arrogant little assh*le his ads are in all the major gun rags.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 12:39:02 PM EDT
[#2]
A while ago my friend ordered a .22lr conversion for his M16 and lets just say that he said that Ciener's customer service abilities leave ALOT to be desired.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 12:43:05 PM EDT
[#3]
About 10 years ago, I called him in Florida about a problem with my 22LR conv. The rudest SOBs I have ever talk to.  To this day, I still haven't got my unit to function correctly.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 2:02:30 PM EDT
[#4]
He can be a jerk.
Buy it from somebody nice like www.Armalite.com or www.brownells.com
I got both mine from Brownells.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 2:56:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
If you simply MUST deal with the arrogant little assh*le his ads are in all the major gun rags.

Hehe, guess I'm not the only one to have talked to him in person
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 9:55:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Any other recommendations on where to buy it from? brownells doesn't have it listed and armalite says ar; no m16
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 10:07:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 10:26:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Brownells lists it in semi auto only with 10rnd mags only page 1 catalog 54
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 3:09:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Ive talked to him or one of his crownies they bitched about these people with deticated 22lr
ar upper's why would they wan't one? seriously!
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 3:20:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Interesting, I've got two of them for my Bushy ARs, never any problem with approximately 2000 rounds of stingers propelled threw them. I prefer the 10 round magazine, the 30 round unit is a pain in the ass to load.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 5:36:06 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
JAC is well-known thoughout the industry as being a major a$$hole.  He's also known for making the best .22LR conversions.
-Troy

Actually, these are *much* better than anything he makes, they just aren't for an AR

Link Posted: 12/9/2001 6:42:54 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
JAC is well-known thoughout the industry as being a major a$$hole.  He's also known for making the best .22LR conversions.
-Troy

Actually, these are *much* better than anything he makes, they just aren't for an AR

Oh yeah, a 22LR conversation kit from HK.  I have the FAL version for my SAR48, never had lick of problem. Good stuff.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 6:42:58 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
A while ago my friend ordered a .22lr conversion for his M16 and lets just say that he said that Ciener's customer service abilities leave ALOT to be desired.

I highly second that notion.  Somebody could make a good living tuning his "drop in" conversions, cuz he doesn't do it.  I have a .22 conversion for my 1911 that would not feed because the feed ramp didn't extend far enough down to the mag lip, causing the bullets to impale themselves on the sharp edge of the feed ramp.  I sent it back to him for adjusment with the slide; he returned it untouche and said it was 'fine'.  I was pissed and fixed the problem myself with a stainless shim JB Welded to the bottom of the feed ramp.  I hesitate to call him a crusty old bastard because that is almost a term of endearment; he just doesn't care because he knows he's the only game in town.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 9:33:53 AM EDT
[#14]
I had a conversion for my Glock and it would jam with everything I put through it. It later broke and had to be sent back. It broke where the recoil spring is retained just below the bore. This was an obvious poor metal quality issue. Took about three months and alot of angry words. I am not pleased at all. I will never buy anything from him again.

If this is for your AR or other rifle, I suggest getting a Ruger 10\22. I know it's not the same as an AR but you will be better off plus its probably cheaper.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 1:55:26 PM EDT
[#15]

If this is for your AR or other rifle, I suggest getting a Ruger 10\22. I know it's not the same as an AR but you will be better off plus its probably cheaper.

im not doing this cause i need a .22. i have more of them than one could shake a stick at. including a pre ban 10/22 folder. i decided to convert for 2 reasons.

1. cool factor, ar15 sqarrill hunting

2. tired of cheapo but grossly expensive plastic 10/222 mags, that break easy.

i guess a 3rd is to get my girlfriend on the AR.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 5:46:03 PM EDT
[#16]
well guys. I guess I lucked out. I have called there 2 times this year. The first time I learned that the gal that answers is literally LOST> So I convinced her to get someone else. I ended up with John himself. At first he was a little gruff, but we finally got down to discussions and WOW he was friendly and interesting. Two months went by and my friends conversion acted up, so I called him up, asked for John, introduced myself, first words were...weren,t you the gentleman that called on____date and talked to me about your extraCTOR?  wow i FELL OVER.
so i GUESS THE MORAL IS...GIVE THE GUY A CHANCE...HE CANNOT HELP IT..Good help is hard to find......oh bye the way....his conversion works fine...a little picky at times...
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 6:05:57 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I had a conversion for my Glock and it would jam with everything I put through it. It later broke and had to be sent back. It broke where the recoil spring is retained just below the bore. This was an obvious poor metal quality issue. Took about three months and alot of angry words. I am not pleased at all. I will never buy anything from him again.

Advantage Arms makes a kick ass .22 conversion.  Uses stock Glock sights, so you have the same sight picture, and can put any aftermarket sights on, to match your carry gun to make training realistic.   Ceiners sights are part of the slide.  AA Slide locks back after the last shot, just like the real thing.  AA has a firing pin safety.  I know it's just a .22, but if you drop it at the range you will still wish it had one.  Downside?  $50 more.  
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 3:29:08 PM EDT
[#18]
I hope my money is working better for him while he impounds it, than it was in my credit union.
Is he a Taliban?
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 4:35:42 AM EDT
[#19]
I think Bushmaster has the Conversion Kits.  Two of my friends of picked up the 30 round AR kits fromt them.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 3:06:44 PM EDT
[#20]
I read stories about Ciener and was ready for it when I went to his shop up in Cocoa, fl. He was just fine, maybe a little gruf due to the fact he's not set up for walk-in customers. I thought I would have to drive over to the McDonalds to get change. I guess I was a little dumb-ass for buying like that since I had to pay sales tax also - but I wanted those mags bad!
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 1:24:16 AM EDT
[#21]
My dealings in the past 10 years have been fairly decent.

Recently, just received an order of AR15 & M16 kits & magazines in (have a few extra if anyone is interested).

Had some broken plastic cases - called up and talked to the lady who answers the phone, cases were in the mail without any hassle.  VERY customer friendly.  They wanted the broken ones back, but not a big deal.

mark
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 3:07:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 3:50:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Here's a Ceiner story for all you johnny haters. He  showed up during the Q course live fire portion for the weapons course in '83. He was hawking his suppressors and also some kind of "indestructable" scope. He bragged that the scope could not be broken and dared anyone to try.
A young sergeant fresh out of ranger Bn took the pepsi challenge and Johnny handed him the scope. I guess Mr. Ceiner expected him to toss the scope or something. In anycase the young ranger was thinking out of the box that day and placed the scope on the ground. He quickly picked up a 4 or 5 lb rock and pile drove it into the scope.
The scope came out from underneath the rock in about 15 pieces. Ceiner looked like he was going to cry, packed up his shit and departed.
Moral to the story....Rangers have been proffesionally trained to break things. Have caution when you tempt them with the word "unbreakable".
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 5:33:59 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I just ordered another batch of stuff from them yesterday. The gal was OK. One of the units I ordered will go into the 22 upper I'm doing for The Black Rifle Convention.

All jolly well and good for a professional gunsmith, but for us unwashed types who buy a "drop in conversion" and then get hosed by CienerWiener when it don't work, well that sucks.  

Kurt, have you ever considered you could do a brisk sideline by fixing JC's FTF kits?
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 5:40:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Talked with him when he was at the SHOT show the one time they had it in Orlando, FL ('85 or '86 IIRC) and he was alright. Had a Vulcan Mini-Gun on display that he liked to talk about and I was more than happy to ask questions about. Had his suppressors and was displaying a sign soliciting for more Vulcan parts at his booth.
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 8:27:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Several years ago I bought their Beretta 92F conversion...returned it after one trip to the range.  I was shocked at how poor the groups were, as well as the sites.

I think if I purchase another .22LR conversion for a pistol, it will be the Daly? conversion for 1911...or possibly the one that Wilson Combat makes.  I want something with adjustable rear sights.

As for AR-15...no idea how the Cieners are.  But if it's anything like the Beretta unit I got, it will leave a lot ot be desired.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 12:27:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Here:
www.berettadefence.com/INGLESE/default_22LR_Practice_Kit.htm

SEMI-AUTOMATIC PISTOLS 92/96 SERIES

22LR Practice Kit for 92 Series Pistols
Perfect for practice shooting the pistol with which you’re already familiar, the 92 Series Practice Kit includes a steel 22LR barrel, aluminum slide with FS manual safety and firing pin block device, recoil spring guide, recoil spring and 10-round polymer magazine. The slide features a fixed front sight, fully adjustable rear sight. The finish is matte black. The locking system of 92 pistols with Practice kit assembled becomes blow-back.

Link Posted: 12/29/2001 12:41:14 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

As for AR-15...no idea how the Cieners are.  But if it's anything like the Beretta unit I got, it will leave a lot ot be desired.

I cannot speak for the pistol conversion kits.  The AR15/M16 kits that I have had have worked well.  No complaints from my end at all.  I recommend them.

mark
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 3:46:41 AM EDT
[#29]

I was next to a guy on the range yesterday shooting a Marvel rimfire conversion for a .45
Said it was 200% more accurate than the Ciener he used to have.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top