Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/7/2001 1:28:28 PM EDT
I just bought 2 of the metal m16 rifle racks and want to refinish them.  Does anyone no where to find rubberized paint like what is on it?  Want to try to keep them as original looking as possible.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 1:32:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Good luck....seriously....I had to use flat black spray paint on mine AS an armorer for the military..........
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 1:42:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Go to an auto parts store.  Get some rubberized undercoating.  I don't know if this is the finish you're looking for, but it's black, dull finished, and rubberized.
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 3:48:51 PM EDT
[#3]
At the auto parts store, or a good hardware store, they sell rubberized coating that is intended to be used for dipping screwdrivers, pliars handles, etc. into. I don't think undercoating is what you want. Some of it dries hard as a rock, while others never really dry and you will find the coating on your guns.
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 3:55:11 PM EDT
[#4]
why not have them powder coated?
john
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 3:59:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Are there anymore to be had?
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 5:52:50 PM EDT
[#6]
People sleep in racks, guns in beds.
GG
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top