Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/7/2001 5:40:34 AM EDT
Hi all,

I went by Classic Arms outside Charlotte, NC yesterday.  Picked-up 1500 rounds (five battle packs) of South African .223 for $195.

Typical Classic Arms, I call and they say $185, then get there and they say "that's the mail-order price."  I decided that even for 10 bucks more it was worth it to save the cost of shipping.

So how's I do?  It works out to $39/pack or $130/1000.
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 5:54:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Hey:

You did about right.  The best price I have seen so far is at http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd/product.asp?sku=AMM%2D240&mscssid=DUUPQT2NBTAC9NX20TVHGV0E6KSC5MNE

At $39.97, you would have to pay shipping. You actually saved some money.

Good job.

btw, a local pawn shop is trying to sell them for $100.00 each.  Sheesh.  
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 6:33:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought 2700 rounds for $300... comes out to 11 cents a shot.  Best deal I have seen.

You paid 13 cents a shot... and out the door, that is a great price as well.  

I can get new Q3131A for 16 cents a shot, so anything over 13-14 cents and I got that route.
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 6:58:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 7:01:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Carbine_Man,

Why didn't you reply to the guy "Well, then, I'd like to place a mail order." [;-)]  Still a decent price.
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 7:05:01 AM EDT
[#5]
I've bought from Classic Arms before, and they always pull that "that's not the store price" BS.  You call them, get a quote, go pick it up, then they want more money.  The last trip there, I called, and they quoted me $69 per K of 7.62x39.  I was going to split a K with four guys.  When I get there, they wanted $2.35 per box.  Luckily, I'm one of the few remaining people in this country that can do math in my head ;), so I quickly figured-out that came to $117.50 plus sales tax.  I bought only a 100 rounds instead, and ordered from AIM the next day.  The time before that, I went with a friend that was planning on buying a ~$500 AK.  They gave him the price over the phone.  Then at the store, they wanted over $200 more for it.  The first time I went there, someone here had recommended them to buy a stripped lower from.  They told me it was $120 over the phone, and when I got to the store, they wanted $180 to order it because they didn't keep them in stock.  After those experiences and several others in the past, I no longer do business with anyone that prominentely displays a fish in their store or in their ad.  I haven't yet met an honest person who "wears their religion on their sleeve."  It's ok, for example, a clerk in a store called Christian Supply to talk about religion.  I don't like having to listen to an old woman working in a gun store brag about how honest of a person she is just after hearing her tell a bold-face lie.z
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 7:53:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I got mine at the gunshow for $24. a pack,(he only had 6 left) only one other dealer there had it for $28., but again it was a limited supply.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top