Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2001 6:36:28 PM EDT
What is generally considered the maximum range before optics are needed for informal target shooting.  
With my glasses on, anthing further then 25 yards seems blurry (yes, my perscription is current). Do many people here shoot further than, say, 50 yrds. without a scope.

Thanks...  
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 6:45:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Ummm...over in Competition Forum the guys there shoot high power at 600 yds with iron sights.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 7:26:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Plinking I shoot 50 and 100 with my standard A2 sights.  I do prefer to use the small aperture though.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 7:27:31 PM EDT
[#3]
It's ok for the target to be blurry; all the action is at the front sight!

I have crappy vision and shoot better than most simply because I can see the front sight perfectly.

I don't compete, but 100 yards aint bad for plincking tin cans w/ open sights for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top