Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/5/2001 1:16:05 PM EDT
Is there a list of DCM or NRA Highpower Competition legal modifications or specs for rifles?  

I got my AR-15 recently,and would like to compete, and there are just SO many goodies that you can add or change, but I want to keep mine legal for competition.

thanks
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 1:24:23 PM EDT
[#1]
You can write to either of those organizations and for a modest fee they will send you a complete book of rules (which includes allowed modifications).
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 1:50:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 2:01:26 PM EDT
[#3]
This explanation may be too simple; if so, I apologize.

I assume you are speaking of AR-based "service rifle" competition, as opposed to "match rifle" competition.  Broadly, a "service rifle" has to appear (emphasize appear) exactly like a US service rifle (there is one exception for Post-Ban rifles with no flash suppressors).  Several armorers - Accuracy Speaks, Fulton Armory, Compass Lake Engineering - have web sites, and that will help you understand modifications.  Also, the Bushmaster on-line catalog carries some kind of CMP / DCM weapon, so you can look to see what features it has.

My $.02, but the most common mod's (in order) probably are: trigger job; improved sights; steel tube around barrel; match barrel.

Again, broadly speaking, match rifle is much less restricted.  "Space guns" are not uncommon.
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 2:25:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Read the FAQs here, then print out the pdf
version of the rule book
at this link. It includes a section describing
legal modifications for the AR-15.

www.odcmp.com/Services/Competitions/rules.htm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top