Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/5/2001 6:22:01 AM EDT
I would like to purchase a subgun Glock but wonder if 10 mm is a "bear to shoot" in 10mm.  The ammo options are plenty and the round can be hunted with if I so desire.  I do like the 45ACP and that is my problem.  10mm or 45.  Glock 29 or 30?  Any opinion appreciated.[:\]   I'm sorry that I gave the impression that I would hunt with the 10mm subglock.  Maybe an AR conversion in 10mm.  And thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 6:37:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Ok let me throw some stuff out FWIW I might be right or wrong

1) Glock 29 is too small to hunt with unless you get a 6" barrel, that will look just goofy.

2) If you are looking at getting a Glock 29/20 combo they WILL cover self defense and hunting tasks quite nicely.

3) The Glock's in 10 mm are the only stock guns (10 mm) up to the beating that round can roll out.

4) Most 10 mm rounds are signifigantly less "zippy" than the original loadings. SO the recoil etc. probably won't be as bad as expected.

5) There are still full power 10 mm loads avail. IF you absolutley need to put a hole through something either sporting or defensive......

On the other hand .45 is nice too, and ammo is probably cheaper and easier to come by.

I had a G-21 for about 2 years before gettting a G-30. Initially I found it a little brisk to shoot. I got used to it, and it's really nice now.
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 7:24:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Hard decision. I like them both.
Here's what I did.
Method:
I found a gun store/range that was having a demo day for Glocks. I purchased ammo there and did a side by side comparision shoot.

Results:
Although I got "groups" with the G30, holes

Conclusion:
I bought the G29, but still want a G30 as well. (Santa, are you listening?)
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 7:30:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a G29. I love it.  As a stock gun, its great. Tough as nails.  If I had it to do over again and get a gun that can have multiple uses I would get a G30.  This is because of a simple barrel swap and I would have a 400 Corbon pistol.  With factory ammo, its is much hotter than the 10mm factory ammo.  The G29 is fully controllable to shoot too.  Either one is great for defensive use.  I wouldn't use either for hunting.  If I loaded my own, I could push the limits of what a 10mm could do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top