Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/2/2001 11:22:34 AM EDT
Bought a bag o'ammo yesterday,shot in a uspsa match today.Have to give it a hearty thumbs down.Double thumbs down.I made thru O.K.,but my pals gun just choked and choked,and reliability has never been an issue for him.Different booms for both of us, and amounts of flame out the muzzle brake too.The stuff seems to be crap.
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 11:25:40 AM EDT
[#1]
What kind of rifles/mags were y'all using?  Both my BM M4s love the stuff (hell, they'l  digest anything, really.)  A bit more flash from the post-ban compared to, say, South African, but mo malfs at all from either weapon.
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 11:37:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I have been warning folks about this stuff for a while now. My M14E2 hates it, this is the only ammo that I have ever had give my M14 a headache. Primers blow out and cases seem to drag in the chamber, and it is nasty! It may be OK for a 1919 but not for my M14.

Tony G
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 12:10:20 PM EDT
[#3]
My buddy used a 16" BM with usgi mags.I cant tell you what kind of rifle i shot cause i think Bushmaster will get pissed if they find out i used  one of their DCM rifles to hose multiple targets at 3 yds ;). I was the only guy there with a 20" gun that weighed 14 lbs though.Another guy tried it out of a DPMS bull barrel after the match for the heck of it, and got the same results.I wish the local gun crook,I mean store, was still selling the South African.Oh well,last uspsa rifle match of the year,we'll worry about it next year.
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 12:18:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Hell I shot a 10 shot 6 inch group at 400 metes with the stuff.  I hit a 10"x10" steel plate every time at 400 meters.  120 rounds one failure to feed (my bushmaster always fails to feed at least once).  I love this stuff.
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 12:27:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Man, that sucks your buddy had trouble with it. I've put 360 rounds of it through my Bushy M4 14.5" without any problems. Maybe it's like Wolf Ammo and works in some rifles, but not in others. I don't know. Haven't heard many other complaints about it though.
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 1:22:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I have shot over 1K of this in 5.56 through my Colt M4 14.5" without a single problem. I like it a well as the SA surplus.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top