Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2001 2:13:19 PM EDT
I recently bought a mag for an MP5 from a seller on this board and was pleased with the service and quick delivery. My question regards the date coding on H&K mags. I've got some with IE,IG,IJ, and IS. Does anyone know what codes refer to which years of manufacture? What codes would begin LEO? I have mags that are LEO, some are marked, some are not. Any help would be appreciated.

1*
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 2:18:24 PM EDT
[#1]
The date codes on the mags is a secret.  Very few people know what they mean, and they won't talk.  Tom at HKPRO knows, but he won't say.  I can tell you that the mag date codes are NOT the same as weapon date codes.  You can try calling HK to find out what you need to watch out for.
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 2:23:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks,
All I need to know is if some are LEO or not. I have several that were refinished before I bought them and I know that some early ones had the LEO markings etched instead of imprinted. If they were reblued you would not know which is which. Of course that might not be bad!
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 2:24:36 PM EDT
[#3]
If they aren't marked now, then don't worry about it.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top