Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2001 5:33:44 PM EDT
Excuse me if I posted this on the wrong board but! Do you see the member; AR15.com member(cpermd) need for approperiate action here ?
I'm selling a preban lower for $ 750.00 and he makes an offer for less,
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=74177
I tell him in his dreams, this is America, I priced it, if you dont like it, go to the next ad. Here is his reply;

In my dreams?
I have bought over 50% of the non Colt,non BM preban lowers off this board lately.
I pay with CASH after an FBI search of the seller(I can get them free)
So DREAM on buddy
I do wish you luck because the higher you sell,the more mine are worth.
cpermd
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2001 3:33 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: SGW lower

In your dreams....
----- Original Message -----
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2001 1:24 PM
Subject: SGW lower

> $625 shipped
> TIA
> cpermd
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 5:35:50 PM EDT
[#1]
(cpermd) reply; I pay with CASH after an FBI search of the seller (I can get them free)

GEE FOLKS, DO WE NEED OUR OWN MEMBERS DOING BACKGROUND CHECKS ON US "WITHOUT OUR KNOWLEDGE"? Please somebody jump in here, we are following all state, federal, & BATF guidelines here and we are being subjected to this by cpermd without our knowledge ?
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 5:44:58 PM EDT
[#2]
WITHOUT OUR KNOWLEDGE AND WITHOUT OUR APPROVAL ?

SOUNDS LIKE WE NEED TO GET LAWYER'ED UP HERE

AND HAVE A POW-WOW WITH (CPERMD)
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 5:57:59 PM EDT
[#3]
It looks like he got pissed after you remark, "In your dreams and this is America, I priced it, if you dont like it, go to the next ad.", So right there you just proved to me your an asshole. He gave you a mellow reply to what I might have said. You could of said, "No thankyou" and thats all. I doubt he would of jumped on your ass after that. As the FBI checks go, I get one every time I buy a gun at a gun shop. Who cares. This needs to be moved to the spilt milk forum.
GG
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 6:09:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I am confused, so let me get this straight. You post a price, and he makes a counter offer. Instead of saying no thanks I have to get the original asking price, you tell him to dream on.

If he does a check that is up to him. I myself don't worry about this kind of thing, but that is me.

This is America, and this is the land of deal making. If you are going to get so cranky because someone makes a counter offer then don't try to sell the stuff.

As far as members conduct goes, it is considered to be bad form to post people e-mail responses out in the forums. If you have a problem then you should of just dealt with it through emails.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 7:50:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Surplus,

Unless you have a collapsable stock and a pistol grip on that lower, or if stripped, you don't have it packaged or segregated with ALL of the parts required to assemble a semiautomatic assault weapon from it, all  you have is a lower for an AR15 type rifle that can only be assembled as a postban.  In that case, it's worth, what $150 to $250?

See the thread at this URL:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=74364
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 8:04:19 PM EDT
[#6]
It doesnt matter if this guy was a butthole or not.  He shouldnt be doing FBI checks on the members of this board.  There is enough of the BS going on every where else.  If thats what he is doing then he needs to be removed from the board and every one else assured that he wont be let back on.  I dont want any part of that!
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 8:18:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 8:21:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, if the seller comes back as a felon are you going to still buy a gun from him?

Not me.....

John
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 8:35:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Just because you are pissed that I only offered $625 is no reason to do this.  
I always have a friend of mine in the Federal LEO check each serial number I buy and each seller for felony warrants.
If you hold that against me then I am sorry.
Check any person who has sold to me and ask them how the transaction has gone.
I buy a lot and don't sell much.
Sorry if you were offended.
cpermd  
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 8:40:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I've never heard of running felony warrants checks on someone selling you a gun. Wouldn't you need a full name and date of birth at a minimum?

I would also think that it's a violation of a code of conduct for an FBI agent to do police work for the benefit of a friend. Theft of government service comes to mind.

Sounds pretty weird to me - remind me never to sell anything to you. Sounds like something that the Democrats would do.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 8:43:41 PM EDT
[#11]
IT's good to do back groud checks on sellers ,who know maybe it was your gun stolen from your house .you get your gun back and he goes to jail.If you didn't do anything wrong then nothing will show up.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 8:47:07 PM EDT
[#12]
I would like all the regulars to chime in here please.
cpermd
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 8:54:47 PM EDT
[#13]
par·a·noi·a [pèrr nóy  ] noun

1.  distrust:  extreme and unreasonable suspicion of other people and their motives

2.  PSYCHIATRY psychiatric disorder:  a psychiatric disorder involving systematized delusion, usually of persecution

3.  condition: existing in many members of AR15.com

Link Posted: 11/30/2001 9:05:19 PM EDT
[#14]
SGB
Which direction was this aimed,or was it?
You are hurting my feelings(I think)
cpermd
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 9:06:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 9:11:44 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
SGB
Which direction was this aimed,or was it?
You are hurting my feelings(I think)
cpermd

<-------hu·mor [hymr ] noun (plural hu·mors)

1.  funny quality:  the quality or content of something, for example, a story, performance, or joke, that elicits amusement and laughter

2.  ability to see something as funny:  the ability to see that something is funny, or the enjoyment of things that are funny  He has no sense of humor.

3.  funny things as a genre:  writings and other material created to make people laugh

"no intended to anyone."

Link Posted: 11/30/2001 9:12:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Oh
And Surplus limited
Would you like me to post the exact ver batim quotes of your two responses to my offer of $625 for your lower?
They are still in my email and I believe most readers here would find them offensive.
cpermd
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 9:12:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Oh
And Surplus limited
Would you like me to post the exact ver batim quotes of your two responses to my offer of $625 for your lower?
They are still in my email and I believe most readers here would find them offensive.
cpermd
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 9:17:08 PM EDT
[#19]
cpermed is not out of line.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 9:57:45 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
If you didn't do anything wrong then nothing will show up.

And if you are not a Jew, our new concentration camps should cause you no concern!

Actually, I find Surplus-Ltd's actions more offensive in this particular instance. But methinks there is an FBI agent out there someplace just crying out for a shitcanning.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 10:21:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Cpermd didn't exactly do anything out of line...infact he did nothing out of line at all.  I too would get a little pissed if someone made a smartass comment like "I priced it this is america dream on".  How old are we?  6, 7?  Nah, better say 3 or 4.  Don't want to give the 6 and 7 year olds a bad name.

Plus, why did you go post this on the board?  Can't you deal with your own god damn problems?

The only appropiate action that needs to take place is you shutting up and growing up.

EDITED to add some smartass comments of my own.

Theres nothing wrong with making sure that you are getting your gun legally, and that the seller is legit.  Its better than getting ripped off, or thrown in jail.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 10:43:05 PM EDT
[#22]
I buy guns no questions asked. How else are you to get the guns out of the hands of bad guys and back to the good guys.
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 7:27:54 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm pretty certain that such background checks are illegal as hell. I know they are done all the time but the LEO's etc doing so are breaking the law IMHO.

That being said, it sounds like both of you guys need to shake hands and get on with life. Too many good people here and this is a mountain out of a mole hill.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top