Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/29/2001 10:37:35 PM EDT
I know I have had my share of delays before, out of stock, behind manufacturing, etc but I got what was done shipped within 1-2 days after completion. Never been too busy that I couldnt hop my ass over to UPS.

this is the story:
bought one of those TAPCO kits from Florida Gunworks.
timeline:
11/17 Paypal payment sent
11/20 I asked for a update to how and when it was shipped and got a email saying "UPS. thanks"
11/27 asked for a UPS track #
11/28 I get another one liner saying "I will send you a tracking number ASAP"
11/29 didnt get it so I asked again and got "I will send it tonight"
11/30 Finally got a track #, it shows shipped/billed on 11/29.
heres what i got "tracking ####### You should have it next week, we have been behind on shipping, sorry for the
delay."
behind??? 10 days after payment is not behind its unacceptable. I paid $12 more for paypal just because it would take 3-5 days to get the money order there and I didnt want to wait that long for it to get there and it to be shipped out.
12/3 it looks as if it wasnt actually shipped, still no activity on the track # still shows billing info received.
12/3 emailed him, its Monday and got this "It went last night, they were closed, it will show movement today sometime. Thanks"
12/6 got it finally, everything dumped into plastic bag and almost all the small dentents,pins and springs had of course fell out thru a hole and wer gone.
the silver lining to this is there was a B/BC/CH in the upper already PlUS another B/BC/CH in the bag! woohoo!
so I came out ok I guess. but it took longer than it should.

Link Posted: 12/8/2001 12:51:08 PM EDT
[#1]
heres a guy to stay away from.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 1:31:03 PM EDT
[#2]
KBPERF,

How did you get in contact with Florida Gunworks?  Did Florida Gunworks list the TAPCO kit on the Equipment Exchange?

OSA
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 2:37:24 PM EDT
[#3]
saw a kit on gunbroker. but I bought direct from him and didnt go thru gunbroker.
heres his gunbroker ID: htwheel
email: [email protected]
heres the auction that caught my eye www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=2404118
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 3:36:26 PM EDT
[#4]
KBPERF, thank you for the information.

I was thinking this over, besides the painful wait, you really didn't do to badly.  I figure, the small parts were lost, but you most likely would be buying a lower kit anyways ($55 +/-)

Enjoy building your new AR

OSA
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 4:02:45 PM EDT
[#5]
yeah I got lucky, the next person may may not though! just a warning to anyone thinking of buying from them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top