Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/29/2001 7:53:32 PM EDT
Can you actually hit something with an NAA Mini revolver beyond spitting distance?  I like the fact that they're tiny and inexpensive but I have to wonder how "shootable" they are.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 3:27:44 AM EDT
[#1]
They are made like a fine Swiss watch.  Workmanship is incredible on such a small item.  Reliability is good also, but using the standard "birdshead" grips accuracy over 7-8ft .....fuggetaboutit.  They make a larger folding grip that doubles as a holster and would probably increase accuracy, but I have never used one of those.  
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 3:57:05 AM EDT
[#2]
A mini gun is not made to be used at much more than 7'.  It is a close quarters, last resort weapon if you cannot get away.  This gun, like the P32 or the Guardian, is NOT made for target shooting.  They usually don't even have sights becaue they don't require them. It's a point & shoot situation.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 4:05:08 AM EDT
[#3]
So would it be futile to try to use one (such as the Black Widow model with the improved sights and grip) to hunt small game in a survival situation?
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 4:25:26 AM EDT
[#4]
The Black Widow models are a different breed entirely.  They have full-sized sights and grips, as well as longer barrels.  They aren't nearly as tiny as the other models.  You could easily use one to pop small animals.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 7:18:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm waiting for someone to chime in with a story about how "his buddy" dropped an elk with one at 300 yards.  "Yeah, that ol' boy can shoot!  'Course, I learned him ever-thang he knows..."
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 8:11:55 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'm waiting for someone to chime in with a story about how "his buddy" dropped an elk with one at 300 yards.  "Yeah, that ol' boy can shoot!  'Course, I learned him ever-thang he knows..."

Uh dude, you forgot the "High winds and blinding show from his wheelchair" part.  
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 4:39:57 PM EDT
[#7]
If I work hard enough at it mine will shoot about 3in. groups at 10 ft., but it is about 6 in. low from point of aim. Deffinatly not target grade but as with most other guns it is fun to play with. I hang it from a string around my neck in a kydex holster.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 5:38:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I test drove the .22 magnum model, and got center chest area on a silhouette at 7 yds, but if you ever had to use it in a social situation you could kiss your hearing goodbye! That little sucker ROARS!
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 5:44:31 PM EDT
[#9]
With my old Freedom Arms 1 1/2" barrel one I can hit a large tomato juice can just about every time at 20 feet. If I have lots of time to aim. I had to file down the front sight and adjust the barrel timing to get it zeroed, though.

Seems like the best shooting technique is to clamp the tiny grip firmly between the fingers and thumb of your left hand, then hold your left hand in your right like a larger grip.
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 6:00:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Fuzzy,
I found that if I hold the gun in my strong hand like a "regular" handgun and then put my off hand thumb between the grip and my strong hand from the bottom it makes the grip almost feel usable.

1*
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 8:30:12 PM EDT
[#11]
As embarrassing as this is...................

Awhile back I was shooting some Federal .22lr using my NAA through my Chrony just for something to do. No problems, until I decided to try some Aguila SSS rounds. Well, I found out that the POI was a bit lower, low enough that I shot my freaking Chrony. .
Fortunately it hit the center of the box & not the LED. Only cost me $20 to have it repaired.
Stupid is as stupid does.

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 2:04:24 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Can you actually hit something with an NAA Mini revolver beyond spitting distance?  

I cant.
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 2:05:29 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
They are made like a fine Swiss watch.  

That small lockwork is very delicate. Mine has already been in for warranty repairs once.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top