Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/29/2001 6:30:10 AM EDT
I need advice on bells and whistles for my firearms. I have about $800 to spend on this stuff, and I want the most bang for my buck. Just fishing for suggestions, as I know that NONE of this stuff is "must-have". I also don't want to show up at the range looking like some mook with a bunch of Christmas Tree crap on my guns.

#1 Bushmaster E3 Shorty (16"): Want to get the 20" barrel, as the 16" wasn't my first choice. I don't see much CQB in my future. It's my target/TEOTWAKWI rifle, but I'm new to the AR.
-Suggestions of scopes? It's a flattop Piccy rail.
-Are accessory rails worth looking into, ala KAS?

#2 Remington 870P w/ rifle sights and extended magazine: This is my home defense/CQB iron.
-Folding stock worthwhile?
-Flashlight mounts that don't cost more than the gun?
-Red-Dot or other CQB sights worth it on a shotgun? I'm already a good shot with this one.

#3 Ruger 10/22, plain vanilla: The lowly plinker, and probably my favorite.
-Thinking about a target barrel for this one.

That'll do for now. Thanks for any feedback.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 9:31:18 AM EDT
[#1]
If you like 10/22's you might be intrested in getting ruger's new k-10/22 with  22"barrel .I found the best price at wal-mart $214 in Stainless  with custom checkerd stock.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 9:41:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I changed my mind... gonna get a 24" Bushmaster upper for target shooting, and keep the 16' upper for CQB-SHTF-TEOTWAWKI purposes... that limits my budget considerably, as well as shifting my priorities.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top