Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2001 2:18:02 PM EDT

finally got my m4 upper this afternoon and never realized the difficulty in removing the handguards..damn.  anyway someone had posted a nifty tool on one of these boards a week or two ago.  anyone have any info on this?
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 2:31:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I just got mine today and it's GREAT! I can't believe nobody came up with one of these before now. Check here -

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=27780
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 4:01:52 PM EDT
[#2]
WTF?? Eat your wheaties, and take the things off with your hands, the way they were designed to.
AIRBORNE
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 2:36:15 AM EDT
[#3]
LOL!!!  Dude, I eat plenty of Wheaties! And I bench 275 lbs, so I ain't weak. For all of my rifles but one I can easily remove the guards using two fingers on the ring, but I have an M4 upper that is just too tight with an M500B and it was impossible to remove, even with HELP! Of course my "help" had some comments like yours too until he actually tried to remove the light. I didn't want to screw it up by prying and the tool simply removed it in a few seconds.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 4:37:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Just shoot a whole lot, then it will start to be easy to do.
c-rock
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 10:26:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I usually don't have much trouble getting them off, but my Bushy is hard as hell to get back on.  The instruments look very handy (especially for us wimps that don't eat wheaties!)
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 10:34:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Very good idea....

I'd like to see some Marine recruit in Boot Camp ask his Drill Instructor if he can use a tool to get the handgaurds off!  LMAO!
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 12:32:08 PM EDT
[#7]
What I do is take off the upper, then I put the back of the upper to my stomach, and pull with both hand's on the ring so it goes all the down. Then I tap the handguard's at the seam's (where they meet) on the edge of a table or my leg and it will "break" them apart enough so you can let go of the ring and off they come.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 12:40:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What I do is take off the upper, then I put the back of the upper to my stomach, and pull with both hand's on the ring so it goes all the down. Then I tap the handguard's at the seam's (where they meet) on the edge of a table or my leg and it will "break" them apart enough so you can let go of the ring and off they come.[/quote

PLEASE POST PICS.  Photoshop wizards are on standby.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 12:44:35 PM EDT
[#9]
yeah i thought it was going to be easy..this is my first AR, and the barrel is a bushy m4. all the rest is dpms.  it looks awesome.  i tried having someone help me with it last night but the delta ring(?) is just too tight.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 4:00:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I use my wife
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top