Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/27/2001 12:45:28 AM EDT
I think I'm in love! Where can I get a dual optics carry handle and G36 forend and how much do those items cost? I was thinking of having Kurts Kustom cut the barrel to 14.5 and having one of his long A3 brakes attached. Is there a model I should look for that will accept hi-cap mags or is the 10 rounder enough.....well.....it's never enough.

What's the difference in the SL8 and SL8-1?

Any resources to finding a used SL8-1? I don't mind if it's seen a few rounds but I'm short on funds at this moment and was looking for something under a grand.

Anybody out there with one that would like to sell it, anybody know of one being sold?

Link Posted: 11/27/2001 4:26:36 AM EDT
[#1]
It's late and I'm tired and I might be wrong but I believe the SL8 is the European version that accepts hi cap mags.  www.hkpro.com has a for sale board on their and you can usually find a SL8-1 on there.  Try any of the firearms auction sites.  As far as the SL8-1 you can only get ten round magazines for it.  
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 4:46:16 AM EDT
[#2]
The SL8 available in the US does NOT accept hi-cap mags.  Special Weapons is now selling a magwell conversion ($300 and it requires cutting on the rifle).  There is info at hk54.com, on the boards, about the guy who can color the SL8's to the black shown in the picture ($100).  G36 handguards ($85), bipod ($177), dual optic 3x scope ($385), dual optic 3x scope w/ red dot ($650+).  Cal's Sporting Armory, hkpartsonline.com, Arizona gun runners.  Special Weapons is also working on grip/stock conversion.  The SL8 will have a non-folding skeletonized stock and pistol grip SIMILAR to a G36.  Most used SL8's that I have see are going for right at a $1000.  New ones have been discounted by HK until the end of the year.  YOu shouldn't pay more than $1100.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top