Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2001 4:37:57 PM EDT
well, it come down to two choices, im either going to buy JT's 20" AR-15 kits, or thier Bull kit with a 24" barrel. The bull kit is $100 more then the regular one, not to mention another $100 for a stripped lower, ND another $110 for A2 detachable sights. I've heard good things about it though, and its free floated. The regular A2 would make life simpler, but will it give me the accuracy i want? (1/2" to 1" groups @ 100 yards) also, the bull kit comes as either a flat top or high rise, i was thinking flat top, but are thier any advatages one has over the other? the url for the site is this:       http://webcats.net/store/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=J&Category_Code=K

Thank you for any help
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 4:43:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 4:45:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I prefer flat top. I can add taller rings but, the high rise is perminent. If you want to shoot through glass, long distance, etc... get the extra 4 inches. Free velocity is a good thing.

Link Posted: 11/26/2001 5:05:24 PM EDT
[#3]
My opinion:

If you just want to have fun, aren't going to get too serious about shooting go with the shorter barrel flat top. It's the most versatile and funnest to shoot.

If you want a short barrel and the possibility of competing get the 20" A2 and you can compete in Service Rifle matches and still have the convenience of a shorter barrel. It's used in matches out to 600 yards every week end.  If this is your first AR this might be the one that gets you hooked because at the ranges your most likely to shoot it (100 yards +/-), you will still be pretty impressed with it's accuracy.

But once you get hooked you will be buying that 24" space gun upper.

This is a sport not commended for the faint of wallet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top