Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2001 12:38:29 PM EDT
I'm making a trip from LA, CA to Reno to Portland and back to LA. I want to stop by some good gun stores & surplus along the way, any suggestions?

Specifically I'm going to the 3 day show in Reno (Nov 30 - Dec 2) then I will head into Washington just across the Columbia river from Hood River, OR. Then to Portland and back down the 5 to Los Angeles. Any heads up along the way would be appreciated
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 2:10:22 PM EDT
[#1]
In my opinion, the best Gunstore in portland, probably Oregon, prices and selection wise, is Keith's sporting goods in Gresham.
It's in the far east corner of portland, but its worth the trip.
This isn't the place to buy shotgun or .22 lr ammo, but handgun/rifle ammo, and firearms themselves, its a good place to go.
The armory is a good place, though I haven't bought anything from them.
Bought my Bushy, 20", with Y-comp for $839.
1000 rounds of .223 wolf is $115.
When there is gunshows in Oregon, Keith's usually has at least 3 people buying firearms at one time, and they usually own one corner of the showroom.
Email me if you want more.
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 8:52:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll second Keith's. IMO, only gunshop I've ever been to that really ever has anything interesting. They are the largest Gun shop (largest inventory, and amount sold) in OR.

I bought my HK USC from them at a gunshow, as well as later picking up the piccany rails, KAC foregrip, and a stack of mags from them. I have gotten ammo from them, but I ususally just get it in bulk from the gunshows.

Keiths will fill probably 2 dozen tables at the gunshows, and again, they have 90% of everything I find to be interesting at the show, exc. ammo.

I have 3 other lead projecting devices on my list to get ASAP (as in, financially and practically possible), and I intend to get them all from Keiths.

Later,
Justin
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 9:16:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 11:07:40 AM EDT
[#4]
I have never been to Keith's but I will have to check it out but the shop in Salem (south of Portland by 60 miles) is pretty good too. I have forgotten the name but it is just east of the interection of Silverton Road and Lancaster. It is on Silverton Rd.

FWIW
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top