Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/26/2001 11:44:27 AM EDT
Moved to Gen Discussion.  Thanks for responding Vampire, please look over there.
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 11:54:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Not guilty.... your guy backed up (gave ground) repeatedly from your description.  

How did he only hit 1 of 3 rounds laying at the feet of his assailant?  (answer this after case is settled )

The prohibited possessor is troubling as is the fact that he came out w/ the rifle in the first place, but since he backed away 'repeatedly'....  I'd say he did what he had to do.

Is the DA pushing this because the client is  a 'prohibited possesor' or another reason?
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 11:56:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Not Guilty.  You're in AZ, right?  Any king of the castle statutes down there? So, you're client defended himself with a prohibited (for him) rimfire autoloader?  If he had used a knife, most likely the same outcome.  Rational people think a man who comes in your yard/home doped up may just get what he deserves.  Looks to me like this was the case.  Just another homeowner defending himself.

toast
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 11:59:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Not Guilty

Stand your ground.  No plea bargaining.
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 12:03:30 PM EDT
[#4]
No Attorney, but some pPolice background. Defendants lack of a phone will help in the "Why didn't he notify Police" prior to confronting "victim", but frankly, with his prohibited possession of the firearm, he needs to get his "stuff" in order, he's going away for a while. Confronting the victim in the yard (or off his property as you stated the victim "backed" him into his backyard), does not bode well either. He should have remained in the house and only fired if the assailant had entered his home. Again, depending on the State, most say deadly force is justified in the defense of ones life or the life of another. I just don't see how he's going to beat the rap.  Just my considered $.02  ed
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top