Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/25/2001 9:00:25 PM EDT
can anyone point me in the right direction.. i need some trouble shooting help with a mini 14 i picked up recently..web sites or what ever
all help greatly appreciated
 john in houston
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 10:20:17 PM EDT
[#1]
try groups.yahoo.com/group/mini-14
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 10:21:51 PM EDT
[#2]
What kind of problems are you having?  Someone here might be able to help you if you'll post it.
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 9:31:48 AM EDT
[#3]
this is what it's doing... if the gun is held with the muzzle pointing down the hammer will ride the bolt ..it wont stay caught by the sear? or disconnector(not sure what the mini 14 part is called) ...however if you point the gun muzzle up the hammer WILL stay captured and will fire if you pull the trigger..the gun is NOT firing fully auto... the hammer rides the bolt anddoes not strike the primer hard enough...it is an old model 183..factory folder ..i got really cheap ..so i dont mind spending a few dollars on it ..thanx in advance
john in houston
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 10:44:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd send it back to Ruger rather than let some rifle butcher mess with it.

They are usually pretty good about these matters.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
can anyone point me in the right direction.. i need some trouble shooting help with a mini 14 i picked up recently..web sites or what ever
all help greatly appreciated
 john in houston

Link Posted: 11/26/2001 11:19:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Send it back to Ruger.  I sent my father's back for repair 15 years after it was made and they fixed it for free.
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 5:42:06 PM EDT
[#6]
hey ..thanx
 i believe i will send it back
  john
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 5:47:07 AM EDT
[#7]
a police officer friend who serves as an armourer.. fixed it ..needed a secondary sear spring and now is ggod as new...thanx everyone for the input
 john
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top