Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2001 12:08:44 PM EDT
pretty much says it all
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 2:41:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Please?
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 3:37:42 PM EDT
[#2]
If I remember correctly, you will need a drift punch to remove the slide from the frame.  There is a roll pin in the rear of the receiver for you to puch out.  Call S&W for more info.
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 3:56:03 PM EDT
[#3]
AR 18 is correct you should have received a punch with the gun when you bought it.
I hope you didn't buy it used. SW lists this gun with a very short life span. It is not made to practice with so don't expect to take it to the range and put a couple of hundred rounds through it.
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 3:59:40 PM EDT
[#4]
If you just keep shooting it, it may come apart all by itself.

Just kidding, yes, it should have come with a small pin punch to punch out the one take down pin.  Don't punch it all the way out though, just far enough that the slide will move forward off the frame (learned this back when I had a Sigma 380).
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 7:11:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys. My neighbor asked me to look at his gun and it was in need of a thurough cleaning. Upon taking it apart I see what you mean it is a piece of sh*t. I am going to recomend he replace it.
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 7:35:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Its a real bastard to strip. I had one, it was a real POS. It's made of some kind of zinc alloy it chews itself apart real quick.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top