Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/24/2001 8:06:57 PM EDT
I have a chance to get some custom paint work done on my M15A2 stock. The artist is concerned about the composition of the plastic stock. Does anyone know of a particular paint that is compatible with the stock,that sticks and wears well? Does anyone have a broken/f*ckedup stock that he can use for paint testing.He is doing me a favor because I helped his girlfriend out but If this goes well, he might be doing some others (maybe yours)
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 11:20:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Brownells Aluma-Hyde II might be a good choice. It is made in various colors such as OD green, brown, black, etc. The finish looks good, but I can't really speak as to its durability yet.

www.brownells.com

Brownells has been a good company to do business with so far.

Good luck, Mike
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 6:27:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I second the vote for Alumahyde II.  If he is really and artist and wants to use his own air brush, you might be out of luck as I think it is available in spray cans.  I did up some ratty A1 furniture in OD about a year ago and it still looks great.  BTW, the OD is a little lighter than the cap indicates.  

As far as durability goes, no worries.  The stock is impervious to cleaning solvents, oil, etc, so a little paint shouldn't hurt it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top