Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/24/2001 7:44:55 AM EDT
Is there a AR-15 shortage? If so what has caused it?, Are we going to see the prices go up like in pre Y2K???
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 7:56:03 AM EDT
[#1]
No there isn't a shortage in the sense that you can't find them. I think a lot of serious shooters have gone to assembling their own and the backlog of orders at the manufacturer level reflects the heightened orders since 9-11.

I have so much interest in them locally that we have decided to do group buy-and-builds. I can get the parts a lot quicker than a whole gun and I have access to CNC machining to bore the receivers.

Link Posted: 11/24/2001 8:16:45 AM EDT
[#2]
The local shops in central Massachusetts have lots of ARs for sale. Call up the Gun Room, Shrewsbury, MA, Village Gun Shop, Northborough, MA, A&G Guns, Lowell, MA, and Four Seasons, Woburn, MA- all these have lots of Bushys, ArmaLites, Colts, etc. for sale, and they'd prob. do an FFL to FFL transfer for you.
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 7:20:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Not at my house.
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 8:16:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Shortage,HA I'll have you know I not only have enough firepower to take this place---I think I can hold it!!
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 8:57:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 9:19:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I can say that a local pawn shop has a few.  The only price I saw was on a Olympic PCR-4 (same rifle I bought recently for $600) at $979.  I almost asked what they would give for mine, as I could just go back and get another :)

/rl
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 10:09:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Last two gun shows I attended (Huntsville AL and Birmingham AL) I saw plenty of ARs - pre and post ban.

Prices however on some were outrageous.  Preban for $1875 ?  I'm sure it's a 'collectable' for some reason or another like maybe a NIB Colt.

Local gun shop (Larrys) has I think 3 preban AR15A1 with the triangle forestock and 3-prong birdcage.  IIIRC - approx. $1400 each.
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 7:04:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Just look at all the AR15 for sale on gunsamerica.com. Plenty for everyone including pre-bans.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top