Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2001 7:57:08 AM EDT
i got a J.stevens .22 single shot bolt action the other day. it is really acuarrate. it says "j. stevens, caliber .22 short and LR, mod. 52" i think. it also is stamped "springfeild" in the barrel. i want to know when abouts this rifle was made, and what it is worth. i got it for free BTW.
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 10:25:05 AM EDT
[#1]
come on guys, no one knows anyhing about stevens .22s ???
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 10:35:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 12:00:19 PM EDT
[#3]
did that, results were inconclusive
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 4:24:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry, not enough ID info.  Savage/Stevens/Springfield made many models of .22 rifles.  "Mod 52 I think" isn't enough.
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 5:04:53 PM EDT
[#5]
You got this for free???? You lucky SOB!!

The model 52 also known as the Schuetzen Junior & was made made from 1897 to 1916. According to the 1999 Standard Catalog of Firearms:

Exc.-$9000
V.G.-$7000
Good-$4500
Fair-$2500
Poor-$1500

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 7:47:40 PM EDT
[#6]
choke, <hands ae shaking> can someone retype what colt shorty said, as i think im seeing things.
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 8:11:49 PM EDT
[#7]
ok
i have it with me now

"manufactured by by J.Stevens arms company"

"model 52-B"

marked "springfeild" just before above

small circle with a 18 on barrel where it meets the action.

any more info would be good. i also would like some resources or someone who is somewhat of an expert if the feild of these type rifles to give me an idea on the value. lastly. how might i go about selling this if its really worth sevral thousand dollars?
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 8:47:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Man oh man are you going to be mad at me.
I did some more looking around for info & after I reread your first post I realized that you said "bolt action" & I was thinking lever action. Great big OOOOPPS!!!

The bolt action values are a bit different:

V.G.-$200
Good-$100
Fair-$70
Poor-$50

Feel free to give me a cyber smack upside the head!!!
I can't imagine how excited your had to be thinking you had a high dollar rifle.
I think I owe you 1 thousand apologies!!!!!!!!!!

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 8:59:42 PM EDT
[#9]
SSSSSMMMMMMAAAAAAACCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

lol, its ok. after a bit of thought i decided you were pry reading the values of a break action or "crackshot." i have found those to be quite valuable. in a way im glad, i really wanted to clean the stray cats out of here with CB shorts. and if you want to get technical about it, you owe me 1500 to 9000 apoligies ;)

j/k
matt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top