Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/21/2001 6:27:29 PM EDT
Anybody know of any good unregulated places in Western Washington to shoot?
I dont mind the range but I am originally from Alaska and like to just go out and find a good spot (woods, gravel pit etc) and plink all day.  I dont know anybody with land to shoot on.  I would gladly pay some farmer to rent his back field for the day.   Does anybody know the status of BLM land for example in WA?  I think there is no shooting on federal lands.  We do have a small patch of land outside of city limits in a friendly county, but it is directly off of a main road.  Also close neigbors. I havent checked but usually there is a "distance from road" limitation.  Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 7:05:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Where in Western Wa?

Jamie

edited cuz I can't spell
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 7:16:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Gravel Pit, East of Greenwater Wa.
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 9:07:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Cougar Mountain, up north past Mt Vernon. There's a local logging trail up there that leads to numerous different "ranges", backed by rock walls or mountainside. I've been to 3 of them, one had an outstanding view of the Puget Sound inlet and Straight of Juan DeFuca. Probably the best view going, next to Orcas Island, of course.

I'm told that the place is controlled by Rangers, but they have no problem with shooters - just don't litter or ruin things. Really a great place to shoot. Generations have shot there.

There's also a nice little gun shop on the way called Kesselring. They're a wholeseller and you can get a fairly decent deal on bulk ammo.

Email if you need to know more.

Blaster out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top