Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2001 3:20:45 PM EDT
I just founds a J&T website, and foung they have a 20" Ar-15 kit for almost $200 less then bushmaster, they give very brief description. Does anyone have any experiance with them? Are they cheap because they're not as good a quality as others? also, i know what post/pre-ban means, but whats the difference in configuration? any major benafits in either? thanxs for any advice
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 3:29:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought a Colt 9mm upper from them and everything went fine. I don't know anything about their kits though.

As for Pre-Post ban.... The configuration depends on "evil features" and what you can put them on. I'm assuming the kits are all parts except a stripped lower receiver which you must supply. In that case... you MUST have a preban lower (not only manufactured prior to '94 but assembled into a complete rifle prior to Sept. '94) to use a pre-ban kit to build the rifle.... If your lower is post-ban then you MUST use a post ban kit to build it. No bayo lig, no flash hider or threaded barrel, and no collapsing/folding stock. Hope that answers your question.

Link Posted: 11/20/2001 3:52:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Okay, then im definently going to get a post ban kit, does anyone have any input on the quality of thier kits?
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 4:09:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Two main reasons why they're cheaper:

1.  Not a name brand company (Bushy, Colt, Armalite, etc...)

2.  Barrels not chrome lined.

I've always read good stuff about them. My next AR will be a J&T kit built on either a Oly or a Bushy lower.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 4:12:09 PM EDT
[#4]
i got their 20" A2 kit. went togethergreat nd matched my Oly lower in color perfectly. i will order from them again.
-jay
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 4:20:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Have built several AR's for friends using their kits and parts.  Everyone was happy.  Personally have one parts gun with their upper.  Absolutely reliable.  Accuracy is not as good as my Bushy or Colt.  But then again, reliability is always priority over accuracy.
Regarding service, they are outstanding.  They do not have the attitude Bushy, Colt, and Oly are known for.
I'd go for it.
***ptp
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 4:43:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I've spoken with some of the J&T guys at shows before, they say they use wilson barrels & FN receivers (lets not get into the whole "it's not really FN discussion") The fit & finish on mine are great, I actually think the flat top I got from them is mil-contract over-run. I was also happy with there service.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 5:05:42 PM EDT
[#7]
i put their 16" car kit together with a dalphon lower,fit and finish was very good. i took it to the range and worked like a charm. i am ready to build more as soon as i find so more stipped lowers.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 7:06:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Picked up one of their kits at a show, it was missing the disconnector spring. Called them up on Tuesday and they UPSed the spring to me got
it Thursday. Great Customer Service!
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 8:37:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I put their postban 16-inch upper on a Bushy lower and it works fine.  I'd rather have chrome lining, but for a blaster/plinker, this setup is more than adequate.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top