Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2001 9:10:18 AM EDT
I just picked up a NIB Springfield Armory SAR8 overstamp 3 for $1200.  Its looks great.  Has all the evil features. The finish isnt as shiny as my HK91A3.  But should I put it in the safe and just play with it or shoot it?  Regardless, I think it was a decent deal.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 9:16:07 AM EDT
[#1]
IMHO, YES, I fuction test all firearms I puchase, 200 rounds will not hurt re-sell and will let you know whether or not you got what you paid for or an overpriced big stick.

Not to mention you will be able to inform puchaser of testing results, as in "one can shoot the wings off a knat at 200 yards with this rifle"!

My 0.02 cents,
Mike
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 2:30:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree totally with Mr_wilson.

shoot it some...

heck I never get rid of my guns unless they
suck, sometimes I just fix those. So just shoot it and have fun, taht's what guns for made for.
This is just me though.
You do what you want!
-Chuck
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 9:28:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Two ways to look at it. Investment or Play. To fire the weapon will make Drop it to excellent condition instead of NIB. No way to hide.
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 9:36:21 AM EDT
[#4]
I look at it this way. Firearms do appreciate but not very rapidly unless a lot of legislation is passed. Usually it just makes no sense at all just to leave it in the safe and collect dust. Since you are only going to be living for a finite amount of time you might as well shoot it and enjoy it while you still can.
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 2:47:32 PM EDT
[#5]
My greek sar-8 is my shooter, while I only admire my modified hk-91 :)
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 3:41:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, I guess the original reason I got it was to shoot it.  I already have a HK91A3 gathering dust.  The quandry came up after I got the SAR 8 home and saw what great condition it was in. Thanks for the input guys!
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 5:54:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Womenz were made to love.
Money was made to spend.
Guns were made to shoot.
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 6:41:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Words to live by.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top