Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2001 8:24:22 AM EDT
I bought my son a remington 870 "super magnum", I would like to replace the birch with a synthetic stock and forearm, have attempted numerous searches to no avail!! I know someone can point me in the right direction!  Let me know where to get this, Thanks!!  Jim.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 9:55:51 AM EDT
[#1]
There are lots of them: Choate, Remington factory, Butler Creek.  Cabela's has them in their catalog or your gun shop can order a set.  They're pretty inexpensive.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 12:03:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Also check Scattergun Technologies.  You can get them through www.wilsoncombat.com.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 12:24:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I have several items over on the equipment exchange that may help you out with equiping a shotgun

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=71339

medcop
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 2:23:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Bell & Carlson makes some good stocks for 870s.  I belive Lock, Stock & Barrel carries them.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 4:35:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Flashoveride,

I have a brand new SPEEDFEED buttstock and forearm that are new and unused in the box.

They are the black synthetic buttstock with rubber recoil pad and the matching black synthetic "corncob" forearm.

They are the ones that are made for the Remington 870.

This is not the kind that holds the shells in the buttstock.  It is the standard replacement set.

If you'd like it, I can sell for $30 plus $5 shipping.

Thanks much

Link Posted: 11/20/2001 7:05:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I like the speedfeed.
got mine from www.brownells.com
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 7:36:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Jim:  You'll want to check out these from Hogue.  They're overmolded rubberized parts and feel awesome.  They also offer a spring loaded buttstock that reduces recoil if you're interested.  I own a set (buttstock and forearm) for my 870 3" MAG and love them!  You'll need a forearm wrench to remove the old forearm though.

www.hogueinc.com/getgrip/merchant.ihtml?id=17&step=2
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 9:42:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Go with the Speedfeed.  Do a search on the web for them, because you can DEFINITELY get them cheaper than Brownell's.  I was looking about 6 months ago, and you can get a whole set for about $40-50 if you shop well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top