Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2001 9:53:05 AM EDT
Ok so I am incorporated, spoke with my Atty, everything is fine sent my form 1 to NFA so I can put my SBR upper on my AR.....Opens door to other things for me now. When it asks why I am doing it I put down I wanted to make a semi auto funtioning replica of a colt commando to add to collection. Well next step is to get a silencer/suppressor. What do you guys put down as your reason?
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 10:04:52 AM EDT
[#1]
It does not hurt to mention that you want to own an American historical military firearm.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 11:13:14 AM EDT
[#2]
First - forgive me if I misunderstood, but don't put that thing together until you get the form 1 back in your hands from BATF approved.  Just sending it in is not enough - you need to have the approved form from BATF.

As to what to put down as the reason for needing such a weapon, it all depends on your what sounds good to your local CLEO.  BATF will approve anything as long as its legal and doesn't sound too off the wall.  I've heard "because chicks dig it" will get approved.  I have a friend who put down "EXCITEMENT!!!" as the reason for his 20mm Lahti.  My stock answer is "the pursuit of happiness".

I would recommend against such reasons as "because the voices in my head told me to" or "because the neighbors dog barking at 3am is driving me nuts".  

The safe answer is "collection and investment".

Link Posted: 11/19/2001 11:23:14 AM EDT
[#3]
"Collection & Investment" seems to be the stock answer from what I've seen. Thats what all of mine say anyways.

Michael
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top